Subject: Re: SAOimage and FITS

From: fitz at noao.edu (Mike Fitzpatrick)
Date: Sun, 3 May 1992 08:24:43 GMT

Hi Ryan,
	Basically the is no way to change the command's behavior using other
flags/switches/whatevers.  A quick tour of the code (I can't actually display an
image from my terminal right now) shows that the image scale map is reset for 
the new image, but I'm not sure whether what you want it to do (or what you 
are seeing) is to rescale the display based on the new image min and max, or 
preserve the old transformation.  You could try looping over each image as in:

	% foreach i (*.fts)
	>    saoimage -fits $i:r.fts
	> end

to display the images scaled individually (is this what you want?).  If you've
changed the scaling by moving the mouse and want to preserve that somehow you
might try playing with the [r]min/[r]max switches to define a specific trans-
formation for each image.
	In general the IRAF group is supporting SAOimage so questions may be
directed to iraf at noao.edu, although we do monitor this group.  I hope this
helps.

Mike Fitzpatrick
NOAO/IRAF Group
fitz at noao.edu  or  5355::fitz