MMA Imaging and Calibration Group
Agenda/Minutes for meeting Tuesday, 2 September 2003 at 4:00 pm EDT.
Date: 2 September 2003
pm EDT (2:00 pm Socorro, 1:00 pm Tucson)
Phone: (434)296-7082 (CV SoundStation Premier Conference phone 3rd
floor). No Video planned...
Past minutes, etc on MMA
Imaging and Calibration Division Page
Notes from the meeting are in this font!
Science IPT Items - Wootten
- 25 August ANASAC face-to-face meeting, Chicago O'Hare
- 1 Sep--ESAC face-to-face meeting, Madrid
- 5-6 September ASAC Meeting Hamilton, Ontario, Canada Charges Agenda
- 9 September MMAImCal meeting cancelled; please see GBT
Millimeter Science meeting over the video hookup insteak.
- 17-20 September, Richmond. Mini-ALMA
- 2-3 October Correlator CDR
- 13 October AMAC Meeting, Europe Dwingeloo
- 3-4 November ALMA Board, Santiago
- 6 November ALMA Groundbreaking
- NA Science IPT Bimonthly Report to
the NSF. Comments, corrections, additions please!
News - (Wootten)
JAO/IPT: Tarenghi announced
today that he will be asking for antennas to remain at ATF with
contingency to pay for 64 new antennas.
Progress...I count about 90
proposals. I'm slowly going over them for sanity checks...Ewine
and her student Jens have done a marvelous job of organizing them.
Discussion Items - (Wootten)
plan and milestones (Bryan)
We have asked that the Level 2 milestone be moved from 30 September to
31 October 2003.
A further telecon did not occur on 1430 UT on 27 August.
Science IPT activities (Wootten )
- Science Requirement document (Butler)
- ALMA Science Requirements document was due last Friday.
- Configuration (Wootten)
- Extended Array (Holdaway) Document
Comments? Please make them.
- Move Sequence
(Conway) Note that the four TP antennas cause some problems in
defining the resequencing. One solution is to assume that they
will be assimilated into the ACA. Ewine and I recommended doing
that for now.
- ATF (Mangum) Alcatel unveiled!!
- Site characterization (Radford)
- Public Relations. Unknown.
Upcoming Meetings - Wootten
SEP 22-26, 2003 4th
Cologne-Bonn-Zermatt-Symposium on The Dense Interstellar Medium in