ALMA Science IPT Telecon
Phone Meeting 2004-January-13
- Call date: 2004-January-13 (Tuesday)
- Call time: 14:30
UT 0930EST 0330CET
- Duration: 1 hr
- USA Number: 877-874-1919
- Outside USA Number: +1-203-320-9891 NOTE NEW
- Passcode: 185064
- Leader: Al Wootten
The enhanced Agenda
from last month's meeting is available.
Also see the Quarterly
Report of the Science IPT to the JAO.
- Action items from various
Antenna Technical Specs are due to
the IPTs later today. The
Request for Proposals/Call for Tender went out before Christmas, as
MILESTONES: all leaders
of level 3 milestones
with upcoming deadlines to report on status. The Milestones,
with project number, are available updated for November 7.
New Business -- Agenda
- Project news/updates
(Wootten and Wilson)
- 8 January -- Presentations at AAS Town
- 22-23 January -- Operations Group face-to-face meeting
- 29 January -- ALMA Board telecon 2004
Board Meeting Dates
- 4 Feb -- ASAC Telecon
- 1-2 March -- ALMA System Review, Garching?
- 3-5 March -- mini-ALMA Week, Garching?
- 30 March -- 1 April ALMA Board meets, Socorro, N. M.
- 11-12 March -- AMAC Meeting, NTC Auditorium, Charlottesville
- 10-11 May -- ASAC Face-to-face meeting, Cambridge, England
- 14-15 May (tent) -- ALMA/NA Meeting, U. of Maryland
- 25-26 May -- ALMA Backend Review, Arcachon, France
- 22-23 June -- ALMA Board Meeting, Europe
*Japan Finance Ministry approves funding for
*JAO Science IPT
report text (no discussion needed).
*Operations plan delivered to JAO
* ASAC -- meeting date set, no charges
for Proposals/Call for
issued (Doc 7 in the linked forum)
ATF update (Mangum)
*Stability--gain and phase--new
*Science Requirements document scheduled
for Change Control Board 19 January (Agenda).
Reports from Subgroups
Scientists (see above)
AAS Town Meeting (Wootten)
Presentations at AAS Town
ALMA Meeting 14-15 May 2004 (Wootten)
The Plan (Butler)
Gain Horn (Mangum)
- bandpass (Aurore, Stephane)
- Plan for further tests of amplitude
calibration devices: Progress?
-3.Design Reference Science Plan (Ewine
from Ewine (Ewine)
estimated data rates from these.
-4 Imaging (Gueth,
- Fast Switching
-5. SSR (Lucas)
- Report on SSR activities
Document review. This comes before the CCB on 19 Jan.
- Data Format Review. Data
Format for ALMA. (Gueth, Holdaway)
- Early Science Array configurations (Conway)
-7 Site (Radford,
-8 Any Other Matters Arising
- report on activities
Planets V 24 - 28 October 2005 Hilton Waikoloa Village,
The Big Island, Hawaii