Links to pictures of NGC 3921
Arp 224 =
John Hibbard, NRAO
The HI data were obtained at the VLA in 1/91 & 5/91.
The Halpha and R-band data were obtained with the KPNO 2.1m in 3/92.
UBVR data taken with the KPNO Burrel-Schmidt in 2/91
The K-band data were obtained with the UH88" in 1/95.
CO data were obtained from OVRO with Min Yun in 12/94.
- Molecular Gas in Optically
Yun & Hibbard, 2001, AJ, 550, 104
- Luminosity Profiles of
Hibbard & Yun 1999, ApJL, 522, L93
- HI, HII, and R-band Observations
of a Galactic Merger Sequence
Hibbard & van Gorkom, 1996, AJ, 111, 655
- Image of NGC 3921 in the
HI Rogues Gallery
- The Fate of Gas in Interacting Galaxies
Hibbard 1995, PhD Thesis, Columbia University
- Unpublished Observations:
- HI, Halpha & deep R-band observations
see Hibbard & van Gorkom (1996),
and Hibbard 1995, especially
Appendix V, for details.
- CO observations:
see Yun & Hibbard (2000)
for details and postscript versions of these figures
- CO on R-band, Halpha, and HI
- CO channel maps on Halpha
- CO mom0,1,2 maps (on Halpha)
- CO on B-band, K-band, B-K
- CO on B, R, K, B-R
- CO on HST V-band (left) and
V-band with smooth model subtracted (right)
(the HST image is from
Scweizer et al., 1996, AJ, 112, 1839
- N3921 CO+Ha Velocities PA=90, 45, 0deg.
blue=S96 emis lines; triangles=OVRO CO clean components;
x=CO mom1 through center; +=CO mom1 through CO peak;
circles=IRAM single dish CO.
- Tidal Dwarf
see Hibbard 1995
Appendix VII for details.
Back to home
Last modified: Tue Aug 27 17:48:21 EDT 2002