ADASS 2002 Trip Report
- Ligo: a somewhat confused talk (or listener). Lot of work, no
results so far. Virgo detection expected soon?
- AstroVirgil: JSky (GPL Java code) looked intriguing
- E2E Science Driven Goals (STScI/NGST/JWST): put more smarts on the
instrument (Embedded Linux)
- Small Theory Data (overheads!) Hierarchical approach, codes
(programs) in tables, can be done in FITS (see paper 3).
- Federating Catalogs: VO Prototype (Mink/Kurtz, CfA). Looks very
useful. Tried it online, it worked.