Not Just for Geeks Anymore
- Easier Installation (Red Hat 7.1, 7.2), better device support (USB)
- More Businesses looking at Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
- Embedded and Real-Time Markets for Linux are soaring.
- Better immunity from viruses, Solid Linux Security
- User Interfaces rapidly improving (KDE 2.2, Gnome)
IBM invests $1 BILLION in Linux in 2001; laptops to mainframes
- HP, Compaq (merging), SGI all heavily vested in Linux
- Itanium runs Linux now (has for >1 yr);
windows not in beta yet.