- Allows rapid deployment of Astronomical packages to a potentially
large number of Linux systems simultaneously.
- Pre-configured and tested prior to the CD burn.
- Users can borrow CD to install packages on home Linux systems.
- Includes test suites and documentation for most packages.
- Some packages may be out of date already (e.g., miriad).
- Only addresses one architecture: Intel/Linux.
- Cannot run packages from the CDROM (was possible in older versions;
the packages grew and could no longer fit in uncompressed form).