- the FFT is
written in C for efficiency and dynamically linked into
Java at run time
- We are grateful to Justin Shuttleworth who
implemented the original design of Grid as the ideas presented in this version provided a
strong foundation for the current design of Grid's graphical
do not discount the possibility of a version of Grid being made
commercially available but none-the-less we will always provide a
free version for download.
- CIA is a joint development by the ESA Astrophysics Division
and the ISOCAM Consortium led by the ISOCAM PI, C. Cesarsky,
Direction des Sciences de la Matiere, C.E.A., France.
- ISO is an ESA project with instruments funded by ESA member
states (especially the PI countries: France, Germany, the Netherlands and the
United Kingdom) and with the participation of ISAS and NASA.
- A state is the atomic unit of CAM activities.
An ISO pointing and all CAM parameters are fixed within a state.
- It stands for Nobeyama Engineering Workstation Systematic Tool for Astronomical
Reduction. It should not be confused with NFRA's software known by the same acronym.
- Department of Physics & Astronomy,
Leicester; Mullard Space Science Laboratory, University College London;
Observatoire de Strasbourg; Service d'Astrophysique (CEA/DSM/DAPNIA),
Saclay; CESR, Toulouse; Max-Planck Institut für Extraterrestrische
Physik, Garching; Astrophysikalisches Institüt Potsdam; and the
Institute of Astronomy, Cambridge
- During the operational phase
of ISO PIA is distributed by the ISOPHOT Data Center at MPIA, Heidelberg,
Germany. E-mail: email@example.com
- ISO has an extreme
elliptical orbit with a
distance to the Earth of 1000km at perigee and 70,000km at apogee
- available from ESA/ ISO Science
Operations Centre, VILSPA, or MPI Astronomie Heidelberg.
Babu & Feigelson
(1996) incorrectly suggest 203#203.
recent poll of our community has produced the consensus that we will
DATExxxx='1999-12-31', with optional ISO-8601 time
- This feature of
BINTABLE is an
especially clever piece of craftsmanship.
- To subscribe, send an E-mail message to
`` firstname.lastname@example.org'' containing the command
`` subscribe fitsbits'' in the body of the message.
- A complete description of the Hipparcos and Tycho
Mission and data reduction may be found in (Perryman 1989), some more
detailed papers on Tycho and Hipparcos in two series of papers from
various authors in (A&A 258, 1992 and A&A 304, 1995)
- The TYC contains a
field telling the user whether there are single observations available
in TEPA/A or TEPA/B
- one of these tools is using a
description file for the columns of a catalogue in order to produce an
searching is currently not available from the main abstract service
search page because of the lack of a uniform and consistent keywording
system for the current references.
- The HET is operated by McDonald Observatory on behalf
of the University of Texas at Austin, the Pennsylvania State
University, Stanford University, Ludwig-Maximilians Universitat
München, and Georg-August Universitat Göttingen.
- The TMS shares many of the custom
modules with WORF2
- EWGIE, developed by Kevin Hughes at
- note the addition of the term 858#858
to the classical formula, in order to allow for positive and negative
differential distortions with respect to the mean radial distance
859#859 where the equivalent focal length is nominal
- The bottom left corner pixel has coordinates (0,0)
- RoadRunner was named after a
bird of that species who for a time lived near the 1.5 meter and was always a source of inspiration before a night's observing to one of the authors.