Subject: Re: Imaging software (was news)

From: [email-masked] (Robert Mutel)
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1992 15:02:17 GMT

The IMAGINE-32 program from Compuscope (805-687-1914, $299) is
extremely good. It handles multiple large (1024x1024) images, various
formats (FITS, GIF, IMG, VICAR, ST-4, Lynxx, others), and does all the
usual image manipulation (cuts, histogram adj, color palettes, image
arithmetic, convolution, FFTs. zoom/scroll/pan, etc. It is very
user-friendly with icons and multiple windows. On a 486-33 it is
*very* fast, probably faster in most operations than the equivalent
operation using AIPS on my SUN IPX

ation.

One warning: Imagine loves memory - you need at least 4MB, with 8MB
recommended for large images.

-- 
Robert Mutel
Department of Physics and Astronomy
University of Iowa
Iowa City IA 52242

Telephone: 319-335-1950      FAX: 319-335-1753
Email: [email-masked]  (internet) 
       iowa::rlm (span)