Subject: Where can I find FITS images

From: [email-masked] (Terry Robison)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1992 00:01:10 GMT

Hello,
	Where can I find FITS images.  I have IMDISP - and would like
some more FITS images to experiment with.  Thanks in advance.

		Terry
			[email-masked]
.

---

From: [email-masked] (Ron Baalke)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1992 00:57:00 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Terry Robison) writes...
>some more FITS images to experiment with.  Thanks in advance.

I don't know why you would limit yourself to FITS images since IMDISP can
display other image formats, but you can get some FITS images from the 
IRAS CD-ROM from NSSDC ([email-masked]).  Also, there are 
some VICAR images in the pub/SPACE/VICAR directory at ames.arc.nasa.gov.   
     ___    _____     ___
    /_ /|  /____/ \  /_ /|     Ron Baalke         | [email-masked]
    | | | |  __ \ /| | | |     Jet Propulsion Lab |
 ___| | | | |__) |/  | | |__   M/S 525-3684 Telos | Choose a job you love, and
/___| | | |  ___/    | |/__ /| Pasadena, CA 91109 | you'll never have to work
|_____|/  |_|/       |_____|/                     | a day in your life.

---

From: [email-masked] (Pat Murphy)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1992 13:24:38 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>
   [email-masked] (Terry Robison) writes: 

You can get some FITS images on fits.cv.nrao.edu (192.33.115.8) in
directory /FITS/SampleData and FITS/TestFiles.  There are also some of
lesser interest on baboon.cv.nrao.edu (192.33.115.103) in directory
/pub/aips/DDT and /pub/aips/FITS.  Check the various README and other
text files for further details.

NRAO also has a CD-ROM (and at least one other in the works I believe)
with some interesting images on it.  Contact Jim Condon
([email-masked]) or Don Wells ([email-masked]) for more on this.

				- Pat
--
==========================================================================
| Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                Scientific Programming Analyst |
| National Radio Astronomy Observatory    Net:       [email-masked]    |
| 520 Edgemont Road                       Phone:     (804) 296-0372      |
| Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475          VoiceMail: (804) 980-5889      |
|      "I don't believe in the no-win scenario"  --- James T. Kirk       |
==========================================================================