Subject: Re: IMDISP 7.9 and Windows

From: [email-masked] (Ron Baalke)
Date: 17 Feb 1993 14:36 UT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bruce Stock) writes...
>I can get 1024x768x256 to work (using set dis orchid1024) on my Orchid
>Prodesigner IIs using IMDISP 7.7 - 7.9 only at the DOS level.  When run
>in a DOS window in Win 3.1 Enhanced mode (full screen, of course), only
>7.7 still works, 7.9 displays garbage.  Thus I use 7.7 in preference to 
>7.9 since the only thing I run these days at the DOS level is *windows*.

IMDISP is not a Windows application, but you should be able to launch
it as a DOS task.  In fact, I just tried it, and successfully launched
both version 7.7 and 7.9 of IMDISP. I loaded in an Io image, and both
versions displayed it just fine with no problems.  I'm using Windows 3.0,
so perhaps there is a bug in Windows 3.1?  
     ___    _____     ___
    /_ /|  /____/ \  /_ /|     Ron Baalke         | [email-masked]
    | | | |  __ \ /| | | |     Jet Propulsion Lab |
 ___| | | | |__) |/  | | |__   M/S 525-3684 Telos | If you don't stand for
/___| | | |  ___/    | |/__ /| Pasadena, CA 91109 | something, you'll fall 
|_____|/  |_|/       |_____|/                     | for anything.

---

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Stock)
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1993 00:16:29 GMT

>From article <[email-masked]>, by [email-masked] (Ron Baalke):

All I can say is that the same behavior occurs on my Windows 3.0 386 as
well.  The only common element between the two machines is the Orchid
Prodesigner IIs card.  Otherwise the machines are quite different.  I
assume you were using 256 color mode both in windows and in IMDISP?

---

From: [email-masked] (Ron Baalke)
Date: 23 Feb 1993 00:42 UT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Bruce Stock) writes...

>assume you were using 256 color mode both in windows and in IMDISP?
I'm using a 386 with DOS 5.0, Orchid Prodesigner II card and Windows
running in the 640x480, 256 color mode.  I'm beginning to think you have
your system or Windows configured different.  Try out the PIF file I use.
It is in the pub/SPACE/SOFTWARE directory at ames as imdisp.pif.
     ___    _____     ___
    /_ /|  /____/ \  /_ /|     Ron Baalke         | [email-masked]
    | | | |  __ \ /| | | |     Jet Propulsion Lab |
 ___| | | | |__) |/  | | |__   M/S 525-3684 Telos | If you don't stand for
/___| | | |  ___/    | |/__ /| Pasadena, CA 91109 | something, you'll fall 
|_____|/  |_|/       |_____|/                     | for anything.