Subject: FITS viewer for OS/2 PM

From: [email-masked] (Dominique Beauchamp)
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1993 13:16:15 GMT

Hi!

For you, lucky, who have OS/2, I have released a new version (0.3) of ViewFITS, a
FITS viewer for OS/2.  It is now on the incoming directory on hobbes.nmsu.edu or
cdrom.com.

This program give the user the opportunity to display any FITS image (8,16 or 32
bits, integer or float), modifiying the gray shade palette, doing negativation,
zooming in and zooming out.

What is cool, as those who have already tried it will notice, is the fact that the
program now use bitmap insteed of direct drawing to the screen.  The execution time
is now about 100x faster!

If you handle FITS images and have an OS/2 platform, try it.  Now, I'm writting
more utilities to reduce datas.

Comments are welcome!

file name: vf03r1.zip

Dominique Beauchamp
[email-masked]
Quebec City