Subject: Re: PhotoCD & UNIX ? - PCD to TIFF?

From: [email-masked] (Geir Atle Storhaug)
Date: 10 Mar 1994 09:50:13 GMT

>>>>> "Ronald" == Ronald Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:
In article <1994Mar10.004935.118596@yuma> [email-masked] (Ronald Thomas) writes:

> 3) Is there a PCD to TIFF converter around, perhaps as a new
> addition to the PBMplus toolkit?  (I'd like a straight,
> hi-resolution conversion of the PCD format to TIFF)

> 4) Is there a UNIX (SunOS 4.1.3 or Sol 2.2) viewer of Kodak
> PhotoCD's, or a program that views/reads/converts the *.pcd
> format?

Check out hpcdtoppm. I found it at lth.se:/pub/netnews/sources.misc/volume39/hpcdtoppm/*.

Kodak also has a "Photo CD Access toolkit" available for Sun. This includes format
conversion and viewing etc. Costs £695 in the OK.
--
 ____     ___   Geir Atle Storhaug (Senior Scientist)
/ ____/\ (__    X400 : G=Geir-Atle;S=Storhaug;O=ffi;P=uninett;C=no;
\___//  \___)   RFC  : [email-masked]
Phone (office): +47-63-807658  Phone (home): +47-63-838987  Fax:+47-63-807509
Forsvarets forskningsinstitutt, FFI/VM, Postboks 25, N-2007 Kjeller, NORWAY

---

From: [email-masked] (Oliver Trepte)
Date: 11 Mar 1994 08:26:10 GMT

>3)	Is there a PCD to TIFF converter around, perhaps as a new addition
>	to the PBMplus toolkit?  (I'd like a straight, hi-resolution
>	conversion of the PCD format to TIFF)

There is an hpcdtoppm utility in the latest release of Netpbm, which you
can find at e.g. wuarchive.wustl.edu, /graphics/graphics/packages. I don't
know if this will do the work for you.

>From the Netpbm README file:
Netpbm is based on the widely spread Pbmplus package (release: 10 Dec 91).
On top of that, a lot of improvements and additions have been made. After
the latest release of Pbmplus, a lot of additional filters have been
circulating on the net. The aim of Netpbm was, to collect these and to turn
them into a package. This work has been performed by a group of program-
mers around the world.

	Oliver