Subject: BIT V0.92 - Image Viewer/Editor/Paint MPEG/FLI/FLC/DL player

From: [email-masked] (T.C. Zhao)
Date: 18 May 1994 11:28:47 -0500

BIT V0.92 (shareware) is available via anonymous ftp from
  monte.svec.uh.edu (129.7.2.23)       /pub/bit
  ftp.fu-berlin.de  (130.133.4.50)     /pub/unix/sgi/graphics/bit

This version is available in binary format for IRIX 3.3 and 4.x

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
What is bit ?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
BIT stands for Bitmap Image Touchup and is an integrated interactive 
full color image viewer and editor based on IrisGL and runs on 
SGI workstations (4D, Indigo, Indy and some PIs).

--- Feature Summaries---
View
   Views many popular image formats in 24bits and combines the
   functionalities of ipaste, gifpaste, jpegpaste.  It also features 
   image panning so that image size larger than window/screen
   can be viewed. Further, built-in MPEG/FLI/FLC/DL/FITS player 
   features VCR like control and in addition you can convert any 
   frame within the video stream to any bit supported formats. 

Edit
   Crop, Rotate(arbitrary angles), Scale, Smooth, Sharpening, Median
   filtering, arbitrary convolution with externally defined kernels, 
   arbitrary color/pixel transformation, including contrast adjustment, 
   gamma correction, individual pixel editing, pixel swap and histogram 
   equalization. Merge/overlay/concatenate images with Add/Sub/Diff/XOR/Mask
   options on the fly. All image editing functions feature
   optional anti-aliasing when appropriate.

Paint  & Annotation
   Full color, cut & paste, brushes of many shapes, air brushes with 
   adjustable nozzle size and flow rate, free hand drawing, free hand 
   polygons, fill and all works with many built-in patterns. Further,
   arbitrary text of arbitrary color/orientation can be rendered on top 
   of an image for annotation. Special symbols like Greek letters
   can be entered as in TeX.

Supported image formats:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
o. IRIS RGB                o. JPEG (JFIF)
o. CompuServ GIF           o. PNM (ppm, pgm, pbm)
o. X11 Bitmaps             o. TIFF
o. MPEG Video              o. PostScript/EPS 
o. Sun rasterfile          o. TrueVision TARGA
o. Microsoft Windows BMP   o. NASA/NUST FITS
o. AniPro FLI/FLC          o. DL Animation
o. Mac PICT                o. ZSoft PCX
o. JPL VICAR
And compressed & gziped version of the above formats.

-- 
T.C. - Starving Physicist