Subject: Graphics Info avail via WWW!

From: Bryan Woodworth <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Nov 1994 13:13:08 GMT

[Lastmod: 23.11.94 22:05:44]
!!=new info

The WWW Graphics Page is now online via the World Wide Web!
URL:  http://www.rahul.net/bryanw/index.html

[Even if you don't have a graphical front-end, you can still access 
the information.  Plain ASCII output (via the program LYNX) is 
available for those users using dial-up accounts (e.g. Netcom, a2i, 
Portal, CRL, and many more).  You may already have lynx installed 
online!  Enter "lynx" at the shell prompt.  If it doesn't exist, 
just ftp the source and compile it yourself.  See .signature at bottom of
message for details on obtaining the FAQ via ftp.rahul.net.]

!! Are you a Microsoft Windows user who doesn't have SLIP or a SLIP
!! emulator (e.g. tia), and wants to see WWW graphics?  Have no fear!
!! SLIPKNOT is here!  ftp to oak.oakland.edu:/pub/win3/internet and get
!! slnot*!  This great program gives you WWW graphics without need
!! for slip or slip emulation!  TRY IT TODAY..

Information of the following variety awaits you:
 
  o The FAQ desk -- Graphics information
         
                    * Tom Lane's JPEG faq -- Obtaining viewers and
                      understanding the JPEG image format
                    * A link to the NCSA Mosaic FTP site, for those
                      looking for Mosaic, the famous WWW graphical
                      browser
                    * Jim Howard's alt.binaries.pictures FAQ -- Info
                      on how to decode pictures, posting, and much
                      more
                    * MPEG information:  Links to Frank Gadegast's
                      MPEG faq and MPEG homepage; The WWW Graphics 
                      Page's very own MPEG faq; The MPEG Standards
                      Homepage (info on MPEG standards, site for
                      MPEG movies, and more); and an MPEG movie 
                      archive
                    * A link to the massive Usenet FAQ pages at
                      Ohio State, an outstanding resource
                    * A link to Thomas Boutell's fantastic WWW faq!
                      In living WWW format!  (Also availble via FTP
                      from the WWW Graphics Page as a ZIPped Ascii file) 
                      Info on WWW browsers for all platforms (even Unix
                      dial-up), writing HTML documents, and more!
                      A  M U S T  R E A D  F O R  E V E R Y O N E 
                      
                 -- Internet Service FAQ pages
 
                    * The Internet Services FAQ
                    * FSP (alternative to FTP) FAQ
                    * Internet Gopher FAQ
 
                 -- Miscellaneous FAQs (selection subject to change)
 
                    * Howard Stern
                    * Unix X-Windows on Intel Architecture
                    * The MS-DOS Archives
                    * Playboy Enterprises (required reading!)
                    * The alt.supermodels FAQ!  Read on for juicy
                      info on your favourite supermodels.. 

  o Computer Support Areas -- Where to obtain programs of a graphical
                              nature for your architecture
                  
                    * Macintosh -- MPEG players, contact sheet 
                      makers, dl/gl/fli viewers, etc.
                    * IBM PC -- MPEG players, JPEG viewers,
                      a link to the Xing Technology FTP site,
                      and official QPEG support site for
                      North America (including the latest version
                      of QPEG, along with a link to Oliver Fromme's
                      homepage in Germany)                      
                      NOW DIVIDED INTO COGENT areas:  JPEG/GIF viewers,
                      MPEG viewers, contact sheet makers, AVI viewers,
                      and probably a few other juicy tidbits.
                    * Unix/X-Window -- MPEG source, movies; 
                      information on XAnim, a wonderful graphics
                !!    program by Mark Podlipec; pbmplus/netpbm/icontact
                !!    pointers
                    * The QuickTime Support Link.  A pointer to
                      Robert A. Lentz's exquisite QuickTime information
 	              page, with info on flattening quicktimes and programs
 		      and utils for Macintosh, X Window, and Microsoft
 		      Windows.  A MUST see!!
 		!!  * The Archie Support Link.  Now!  Easy point-and-click
                 !!   interface for Archie queries.  (Your client must
                  !!  support telnet; Lynx has it built-in; information
                   !! on how to get your client to support telnet is
                    ! provided online.)  Try it now! 

  o The Tennis Center -- Information on my favorite game, tennis.
                         (I realize this is tangential, but.. so 
                         what!)   
 
                    * The rec.sport.tennis FAQ
                    * The Tennis Homepage (In Canada, with
                      links to another tennis homepage)
                    * Want to play tennis?  Email!

  o Favorite Links -- Other sites you should try, and IMMEDIATELY!
 
                    * Michel Buffa's Video Games Page (3DO, Atari
                      Jaguar, SNES, Sega, Gameboy, etc..)
                    * The UnOfficial Nine Inch Nails Homepage
                    * Jeff's Atari Jaguar Homepage
                    * The Beastie Boys Homepage
                    * The Llama Mailserver (MPEG resource and more!)
                    * The alt.sex.movies Homepage
                    * The Rolling Stones Homepage
                    * The CDnow!  homepage -- ordering CDs via WWW
                    * The Playboy Enterprises, Inc. homepage -- now
                      you can explore Playboy's catalog via WWW! 
 
The material is presented in a refreshing format, just for YOU!  If 
you have any problems, questions, suggestions for additions, etc, 
please do not hesitate to send me email.  This free service is 
intended to help YOU find what you NEED and DESERVE! 
 
The WWW Graphics Page.. your online WWW resource for Graphics 
Utilities!
 
Try it today!  URL: http://www.rahul.net/bryanw/index.html

-- 
    Bryan Woodworth ([email-masked])  Try The WWW Graphics Page today!
                  URL: http://www.rahul.net/bryanw/index.html                 
       Need a WWW browser?  FTP to ftp.rahul.net:/pub/bryanw/wwwfaq.zip   
         Info on WWW browsers for all platforms -- even Unix dial-up!