Subject: Re: forwarded message from Sarah Stevens-Rayburn

From: dwells (Don Wells)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 15:52:57 EST

Bob Jackson writes:
 > Just read the mail from Sarah, and agree that the
 > professionals, a.k.a. librarians, would be a useful 
 > part of the 'team'.

Good. Many computing folk have not yet realized that librarians are
intrinsically their friends and colleagues. BUT! Not just any
librarians -- some of them are old fogies who still think that
libraries consist of cellulose fibers and carbon particles. Luckily,
the astronomy community is blessed with some of the finest, smartest,
most avant guarde librarians that I can imagine. They are information
management specialists.

 > Agree that it is time for an email exploder.

OK. Its name is "[email-masked]" (administrative traffic to
"astroweb-request"). Traffic will be logged to the files
file://fits.cv.nrao.edu/fits/www/astroweb/astroweb.* (currently * is
9402).

I have added your name and H-M's name to the distribution list and
CC-ed it in this reply, so H-M should get a copy of this reply via the
exploder channel and you and I should get an extra copy. 

-Don

PS: Today I added a new resource record to my master list from a
posting in a newsgroup, and did "make install" in my directory. It was
satisfying to see the automatic procedure update the pages. I have a
backlog of resource records to install...