Subject: forwarded message from Heinz Andernach

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 94 09:17:12 EST

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934) -------
From: [email-masked] (Heinz Andernach)
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Obs de Lyon on Mosaic
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 1994 12:08:03 +0100

Dear Don,                                                  25-Feb-94

our system manager discovered that with Xmosaic, through "astronomy on the 
Internet" (http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/www/astronomy.html)
"observing resources" and "optical observatories" , choosing "obs. de Lyon"
one can connect to our area for anonymous ftp.

This server is in fact used only for private exchange of the scientists of
'Observatoire de Lyon' and their collaborators, and does not contain
general and public information on the observatory. You can keep the pointer
to my file online.txt, but at present we would prefer if you could delete
the pointer to display our ftp directories to the public.
   In case Bob Jackson or H.-M. Adorf had pointers to this as well, can you
inform them?

Thanks,
          Heinz    &    Marie-Helene Lassalle  [our 'watchdog'...]
------- end -------