Subject: A day at home, snowed-in

From: dwells (Don Wells)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 94 00:43:08 EST

Dear Friends,

A big ice/snow storm arrived last night. NRAO was closed
today. Schools were closed. Practically everything else was
closed. The roads are difficult if not impossible. Freezing rain
and/or snow is still coming down, so I have not yet begun to shovel
it. The work will be hard because there is a lot of ice. Sigh...

Anyway, I decided to spend the day in my study, on the modem,
improving the tools for processing <DT> files.

I made program 'dtsort' stronger. It now merges similar entries and
edits files into canonical form. I am pleased with this program now.

I built a new program 'dtcheck' which matches syntactic patterns
against the header, resource records and tail of a <DT> file. This
program found numerous typos and violations of SGML rules in my merged
list. (Most violations of SGML rules are ignored by Mosaic -- it is
very forgiving.)

I append 'make' output cut from another window.

-Don

cd /fits_1/ftp/fits/www/astroweb/
make -k 
dtsort <merged.html >master.html
dtsort executed by dwells on fits.cv at Sat Feb 12 00:19:24 EST 1994
 146 resource records read.
  22 passes needed by bubble sort.
   0 identical resource records deleted. (n=146)
   5   similar resource records  merged. (n=141)
  16 resource records edited:
	   5 cases of |<a |
	  12 cases of | href=|
	   1 cases of |<br>|
	   8 cases of |</a>|
 141 resource records written.
dtcheck <master.html
 144 blocks checked,    0 match failures.
ls -lg merged.html master.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr    28364 Feb 12 00:19 master.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr    28899 Feb 11 23:06 merged.html
dtsplit <master.html
 141 resource records from input
   7 written to temp_radio.html
   8 written to temp_optical.html
   3 written to temp_center.html
   4 written to temp_space.html
   3 written to temp_infosys.html
   2 written to temp_agency.html
   2 written to temp_dept.html
   2 written to temp_society.html
   1 written to temp_survey.html
  18 written to temp_text_search.html
  10 written to temp_newsgroup.html
  16 written to temp_software.html
  14 written to temp_preprint.html
   2 written to temp_library.html
   3 written to temp_other_library.html
   4 written to temp_astroweb.html
  14 written to temp_other_astronomy.html
   9 written to temp_pictures.html
   9 written to temp_protocols.html
 ----------------------------------------------------
   1 occurrences of unmatched category code document_tools.
   1 occurrences of unmatched category code misc.
   5 occurrences of unmatched category code full_text.
   4 occurrences of unmatched category code abstracts.
   4 occurrences of unmatched category code bibliography.
 ----------------------------------------------------
          temp_radio.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
        temp_optical.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
         temp_center.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
          temp_space.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
        temp_infosys.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
         temp_agency.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
           temp_dept.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
        temp_society.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
         temp_survey.html concatenated to new_observatory.html
    temp_text_search.html concatenated to new_text_search.html
      temp_newsgroup.html concatenated to new_newsgroup.html
       temp_software.html concatenated to new_software.html
       temp_preprint.html concatenated to new_library.html
        temp_library.html concatenated to new_library.html
  temp_other_library.html concatenated to new_library.html
       temp_astroweb.html concatenated to new_astroweb.html
temp_other_astronomy.html concatenated to new_astroweb.html
       temp_pictures.html concatenated to new_pictures.html
      temp_protocols.html concatenated to new_protocols.html
ls -lg temp_*.html
temp_*.html not found
ls -lg new_*.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     1935 Feb 12 00:20 new_astronomy.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     3719 Feb 12 00:20 new_astroweb.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     3725 Feb 12 00:20 new_library.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     3046 Feb 12 00:20 new_newsgroup.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     6976 Feb 12 00:20 new_observatory.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     2704 Feb 12 00:20 new_pictures.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     3308 Feb 12 00:20 new_protocols.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     3340 Feb 12 00:20 new_software.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     1157 Feb 12 00:20 new_starry_night.html
-rw-r--r--  1 dwells   aipspgmr     3509 Feb 12 00:20 new_text_search.html

Compilation finished at Sat Feb 12 00:20:15