Subject: [comp.databases.ingres] Web server!

From: dwells (Don Wells)
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 94 01:11:09 EST

FYI re RDBMSes and the Web:
------- Start of forwarded message -------
Newsgroups: comp.databases.ingres
From: [email-masked] (M Darrin Chaney)
Subject: Web server!
Organization: Indiana University, Bloomington
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 18:59:39 GMT

Hey folks, I've been too busy to read for the last couple of weeks, but
I thought I'd pop in and tell you what I'm busy with.

By now, those of you on the Internet (which should include the majority
of the newsgroup readers) have heard of "World Wide Web."  You might not
be sure what it is, etc.  I'll leave you to talk to the local "Web-head"
[Web user] to find out the details.

Anyway, I have a fun little demo that uses an Ingres report to create a
Web document.  The report is run automatically each morning, and then
run through some scripts to create indicies and hyperlinks.  Finally, it
is put up for everybody to see.

Use the URL "http://fractal.ucs.indiana.edu/", then choose "Education
Program Catalog" from the first screen.  On the Index page, go to the
bottom and choose the picture of Trevor the big cat, and it'll show you
all the source that are used to create the catalog.  You can view the
catalog from there, or from the index page.

Enjoy yourselves.  I'll look into formatting the FAQ and making it
available there, also.

	Darrin
-- 
M Darrin Chaney, Senior Database Programmer, University Computing Services, IU
[email-masked]             1000 E 17th St.           Work: (812)855-5492
[email-masked]           Bloomington, IN 47408     Home: (812)333-6311
"I want- I need- to live, to see it all..."
------- End of forwarded message -------