Subject: LPI is gone

From: Bob Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 94 08:53:53 EST

Based on the following message, I deleted the telnet and ftp entries
for the Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) and added the following:

<DT> 
<A HREF="http://cass.jsc.nasa.gov/CASS_home.html">
<!-- OWNER [email-masked] -->
<!-- CATEGORY center -->
Center for Advanced Space Studies
</A> 
CASS
</DT> 
<DD> 
The Center for Advanced Space Studies is a major research and conference facility 
built by Universities Space Research Association (USRA) in 1991 in Houston, Texas. 
Since the completion of the CASS facility in December 1991, it has housed the 
four Houston activities of USRA: Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI), 
Exploration Science Institute (ESI), Division of Space Life Sciences (DSLS),
Division of Educational Programs (DEP) 
</DD> 

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 07:57:15 -0500 (EST)
From: Sarah Stevens-Rayburn <[email-masked]>
Subject: fyi
To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT

From:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Public-Access Computer Systems Forum" 23-MAR-1994 22:57:49.93
To:	IN%"[email-masked]"  "Multiple recipients of list PACS-L"
CC:	
Subj:	LPI Public Account

----------------------------Original message----------------------------
As of April 1st the public account of the Lunar & Planetary Institute
will cease to exist.  The information will be available on the new and
improved CASS (Center for Advanced Space Studies) public account.

The CASS account will support X Windows, Mosaic, as well as the VT series
of emulations.  The new system is on a Sun running SYBASE, which should
show much better speeds than the LPI account using a VAX and System 1032.
At this time not all flies have been moved to the new machine.  Links have
been provided, so the information is still available, even if at the same
old speed.

To access the CASS account telnet to: cass.jsc.nasa.gov.  Login as: cass
(lowercase) and the password is: online (again, lowercase).  If you are
using VT emmulation read the opening screen.  Our URL is:
http://cass.jsc.nasa.gov/CASS_home.html.

Please leave comments on leaving the account, we are still refining the
system.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
[email-masked]
Center for Advanced Space Studies

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 18:13:01 -0600 (CST)
From: DAVID BIGWOOD 486-2134 <[email-masked]>
Subject: LPI Public Account
Sender: Public-Access Computer Systems Forum <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list PACS-L <[email-masked]>
Reply-to: Public-Access Computer Systems Forum <[email-masked]>