Subject: Texinfo

From: <[email-masked]> (by way of [email-masked] (Hans-Martin Adorf))
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 11:59:35 +0100

There is a texi2html converter of which the man-page is the following :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEXI2HTML(1)             USER COMMANDS               TEXI2HTML(1)

NAME
     texi2html - a Texinfo to HTML converter

SYNOPSIS
     texi2html [options] file

     texi2html -check [-verbose] files

DESCRIPTION
     Texi2html converts the given Texinfo file to a set  of  HTML
     files.  It  tries  to  handle  most  of Texinfo commands. It
     creates hypertext links for cross-references, footnotes...

     It  also  tries  to  add  links  from  a  reference  to  its
     corresponding  entry  in  the  bibliography (if any). It may
     also handle a glossary (see the -glossary option).

     Texi2html creates several files depending on the contents of
     the Texinfo file and on the chosen options (see FILES).

     The HTML files created by texi2html are closer to  TeX  than
     to  Info,  what's  why texi2html convert @iftex sections and
     not @ifinfo ones.

OPTIONS
     -check      Check the given file and give the  list  of  all
                 things  that  may be Texinfo commands.  This may
                 be used to check the output of texi2html to find
                 the  Texinfo commands that have been left in the
                 HTML file.

     -glossary   Use the section named 'Glossary' to build a list
                 of terms and put links in the HTML document from
                 each term toward its definition.

     -invisible name
                 Use name to create invisible destination anchors
                 for  index  links.  This  is  a workaround for a
                 known bug of many WWW browsers,  including  xmo-
                 saic.

     -menu       Show the Texinfo  menus;  by  default  they  are
                 ignored.

     -split_chapter
                 Split the output into several  HTML  files  (one
                 per main section: chapter, appendix...).

     -split_node Split the output into several  HTML  files  (one
                 per node).

     -usage      Print usage instructions,  listing  the  current

TEXI2HTML(1)             USER COMMANDS               TEXI2HTML(1)

                 available command-line options.

     -verbose    Give a verbose output.  Can  be  used  with  the
                 -check option.

FILES
     By default texi2html creates the following files (foo  being
     the name of the Texinfo file):

     foo_toc.html    The table of contents.

     foo.html        The document's contents.

     foo_foot.html   The footnotes (if any).

     When used with the -split option, it creates  several  files
     (one  per  chapter  or  node), named foo_n.html (n being the
     indice of the  chapter  or  node),  instead  of  the  single
     foo.html file.

VARIABLES
     texi2html  predefines   the   following   variables:   html,
     texi2html.

AUTHOR
     Lionel Cons, CERN CN/DCI/UWS, [email-masked]

COPYRIGHT
     This program is the intellectual property  of  the  European
     Laboratory  for Particle Physics (known as CERN). No guaran-
     tee whatsoever is provided by CERN. No liability  whatsoever
     is  accepted  for  any  loss or damage of any kind resulting
     from any defect or inaccuracy in this information or code.

     CERN, 1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland

SEE ALSO
     GNU Texinfo Documentation Format, HyperText Markup  Language
     (HTML), World Wide Web (WWW).

BUGS
     This program does not understand all Texinfo commands (yet).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------