Subject: Re: master list

From: [email-masked] (anton koekemoer)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 94 10:34:47 EST

Don Wells writes:
> 
>      ... If you maintain your own yp_protoname, and make it available
> via anonFTP, I will code a crontab FTP daemon that will fetch your
> file every day and will compare it against the previous file to
> generate a report for me on changes you have made...

Sounds good. How about doing this for all the files in the astroweb directory.
I've now got my anon ftp set up, take a look at the URL

file://mso.anu.edu.au/pub/anton/astroweb/

- One addition I've made is to add the UT date of last modification to the top
of scripts. Plus a couple of other changes. I'll also maintain two directories,
the final 'production' one in the anon ftp area and a 'develop' one elsewhere.
It may also be useful to keep our astroweb directories as single tarfiles,
putting them in the same ftp directory as the astroweb/ directory.

Just for reference, our HTTP area is not the same as our anon ftp area (due to
machine load considerations) although I'll keep identical http files in both
areas. The difference is that the anon ftp area will have all the extra astroweb
stuff as well (Makefile, etc). For Mosaic stuff, use URLs along the lines of:

http://meteor.anu.edu.au/anton/www/

						cheers,
						 - anton