Subject: [email-masked] (Michael Naumann)

From: [email-masked] (Hans-Martin Adorf)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 12:05:09 +0100

Hi,

I just inspected the pages which Michael Naumann at the asronomical
institute of the University Muenster has put together. He seems to be a
keen WWW surfer and has pointers to the astroweb. What do you think of
inviting him to join the astroweb consortium?

-hma

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 94 11:46:14 EDT

Hans-Martin Adorf writes:
 > institute of the University Muenster has put together. 

Astronomie in Internet 
http://aquila.uni-muenster.de/astro-im-net/astronomy.html

I have used the form to add a record pointing to his list.

Michael has re-organized copies of our lists into his own style, and
has translated much of the information from English to German. He has
also added commentaries in various places, giving his own opinions.
Those opinions are real value-added. I detected very few, if any, new
URLs in my scan of his pages. He has made local copies of our pages,
but they appear to be about one month old, maybe even six weeks,
probably before the integration of the MSSSO and CDS databases. It is
clear that he has been watching us closely and is very interested in
our activities. His translation of our information raises a variety of
fascinating questions about the potential for multi-lingual databases.

 > He seems to be a

There is no question that Michael cares about the Web, and indexes to
the Web, and that he is a "keen surfer". If we invited him he would
not immediately bring any new resource records, but he would bring a
new set of opinions from another person who cares, and he would bring
experience with multi-lingual presentation of the database.

-Don