Subject: WWW and the French ISO Center

From: "D.A.Cesarsky (33-1)6985 8680" <[email-masked]> (by way of [email-masked] (Hans-Martin Adorf))
Date: Tue, 31 May 1994 12:29:38 +0100

To:   19.308::pec                               !Peter Clegg         LWS
      smtp%"[email-masked]"                !Thijs deGrauw       SWS
      28.232::lemke                             !Dietrich Lemke      PHT
      32.11::cesarsky                           !Catherine Cesarsky  CAM
      isocls::mkessler                          !Martin Kessler      SOC
CC:   isocls::jsternbe                          !Julian Sternberg    SOC
      smtp%"[email-masked]"                      !Hans-Martin Adorf   ST-ECF

From: Diego A. Cesarsky

Subject: MOSAIC Server

I am in the process of installing a MOSAIC (Wide World Web, WWW) server in the
framework of the french ISO Center. At present, the server just gives a few
links to other interesting services as well as information relevant to those
who may want to apply for assistance to answer the Call for Proposals.

Many other services should be possible and we are still discussing which ones
to offer in a near future; CAM's Capabilities Simulator is just one exemple.

I learnt from Julian Sternberg the availability of ESA/ESTEC/SAI server and I
have added a reference to this service in my own ISO Center Welcome page.

The purpose of this e-mail is twofold:

1- to announce the French ISO Center server (accessible through
    http://iscam1.ias.fr); and
2- inquire from other ISO instrument teams if they have any intention of
   setting up similar services (SAI have done it already) so that in due
   time we can cross-reference each other

For those who may want to learn more about WWW, I recommend the article by
Hans-Martin Adorf in a recent ST-ECF Newsletter (number 21, april 1994)

Best regards,

Diego A. Cesarsky