Subject: [[email-masked]: More info on University of Oregon WEB Server]

From: Bob Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 94 12:00:26 EDT

Date: Tue, 3 May 1994 08:49:23 -0700
From: Operator <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: More info on University of Oregon WEB Server

Please insert this in your list of Astronomical World Wide Web
Resources.  I see we already have a cursory description their.
Thanks:

<HR>
The University of Oregon is engaged in a dynamic electronic
educational outreach program to local schools which have T1
connectivity to the Internet.  We are assembling archives of
resources centered around astronomy and environmental resources
so that middle and high-school science teachers can personalize
coureseware around these resources.  The project is just beginning
and the available resources are evolving rapidly.  In the area of
astronomy we currently offer: <P>
<UL><LI> Movies of Colliding Galaxies <P>
<LI> Images showing the Time Evolution of Recent Supernovae <P>
<LI> CCD Images of Famous Messier Objects, some in true color <P>
<LI> An Introduction to Low Surface Brightness Galaxies <P>
<LI> Infrared Images of Galaxies <P>
<LI> Comparative Galaxy Morphology <P>
<LI> Hypertext Astronomy Courseware  <P> </UL>
In the near Future we will be offering: <P> <UL>
<LI> Parking Lot Camera Images of Local Group Galaxies <P>
<LI> Fabry-Perot Velocity Maps of Galaxies <P>
<LI> A Digital Library of Stellar Spectra <P>
<LI> A Digital Library of Galaxy Spectra <P>
<LI> A Substantial amount of Animation for use in the classroom <P>
<LI> The coolest Morphing movie you ever saw about a Physics Dept. <P>
</UL>
This effort is being maintained by <a href ="http://bovine.uoregon.edu/text/dark.html"> Dr. DarkMatter </A>  at the University of Oregon.
<HR>