Subject: Re: MSSSO AstroWeb update

From: [email-masked] (anton koekemoer)
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 94 19:12:14 EST

Dear friends,

I notice that the URLs
	http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/astroweb/url1.htm
	http://cdsweb.u-strasbg.fr/astroweb/url2.htm
are no longer accessible ('no permission'). Does this mean that I should
remove my local copies of them? (and also revert back to my old Astroweb
database, which has none of the new personal URLs I added from CDS?)

						cheers,
						 - anton.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 94 11:25:47 +0200

Anton,

  The unavailability of url1.htm and url2.htm is mainly due to some
technical problems which should be solved quite soon. Sorry for that.
In fact we have now decided to replace the full list by a search
mechanism, more convenient for access through the net. You are
welcome to keep the "personal records" from url2.htm in the
AstroWeb files.
  I have discussed this week quite extensively with Andre about the
current and future status of AstroWeb -- and your recent message, Anton, 
was also a good input to this discussion.  I plan to send to all of you
an e-mail as a result of this discussion. However I have been kept very
busy with other things (a meeting to prepare). I will try to write that 
down over the week-end.
  A suivre...

Best regards
Daniel