Subject: whose is the biggest

From: Bob Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 16:50:25 EDT

Who has the biggest | most complete database?

I will process it and load it into my
AstroWeb Edit stuff.

			Bob

---

From: [email-masked] (anton koekemoer)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 22:44:01 EST

Dear friends,

> Who has the biggest | most complete database?

I'm not sure what the current status of all the other databases is, but here's
my version of it:

http://meteor.anu.edu.au/anton/yp_topzone.html

This has 910 records; it started life as a copy of yp_topzone.html from NRAO
in mid-April and has been growing since, currently being updated every 24h.
It includes all the (usable) links from inp_incoming.html (NRAO) and all the
'personal' CDS URLs. A few older URLs have been fixed so that they work; in
addition slight changes have been made to some URL titles (particularly
university departments), primarily for the sake of consistency.

Note that this database could still do with a lot of improvements, particularly
in the area of consistent URL titles (not to mention descriptions...) I also
never had the time to merge the CDS 'institutions' records with it.

However, feel free to fetch it.

						cheers,
						 - anton.

---

From: [email-masked] (anton koekemoer)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 94 22:46:23 EST

PS:  Note that this file yp_topzone.html is in fact created afresh every day
     from the inp_*.html files, as I described in an earlier email; however
     it still has the same form as the original.