Subject: The Be Star Newsletter

From: [email-masked] (Douglas R. Gies)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 10:59:42 -0400

<HEAD>
<TITLE> The Electronic Be Star Newsletter </TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY>

<H1> The Electronic Be Star Newsletter </H1>

The <i>Be Star Newsletter</i>, a publication of the IAU 
Working Group on Be Stars, is now available on-line as an 
electronic journal. 
The <i>Be Star Newsletter</i> is a non-refereed electronic 
and paper journal that is published approximately twice per year.  
The <i>Newsletter</i> is open to all contributions 
(observations, theory, or other news) concerning early-type stars 
and especially hot, near main-sequence stars. 
The goal of the <i>Newsletter</i> is to foster communication 
between researchers interested in this field of stellar astronomy. 
<P>

The <i> Newsletter </i> is available in three formats:

<UL>
<LI> A paper version distributed to 
libraries and subscribers who prefer this medium 
(see <a href="http://chara.gsu.edu/BeNews/Current_Volume/paper.html"> 
for instructions).
<LI> A plain text version that is distributed electronically to 
subscribers and is available through 
<a href="ftp://chara.gsu.edu/BeNews">anonymous ftp</a> from 
<tt>chara.gsu.edu</tt> (change to subdirectory ``BeNews'':
<tt>cd BeNews, get news28.txt</tt>).   Articles containing 
figures are also available in this subdirectory as PostScript files
(with names ending in <tt>.ps</tt>). 
<LI> The <i>Newsletter</i> is also available using the Mosaic program 
on the World Wide Web.  This is perhaps the fastest and most convenient
way to read the <i>Newsletter</i>.   If you have this facility 
available to you, enter the following Uniform Resource Locator 
(URL): <BR>
<tt> http://chara.gsu.edu/BeNews/intro.html </tt> <BR>
</UL> 
<P>

<ADDRESS> Douglas R. Gies / [email-masked]</ADDRESS>

</BODY>