Subject: dead entries

From: [email-masked] (Hans-Martin Adorf)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 1994 09:41:57 +0100

Bob,

despite your welcome validation there are dead entries in our DB. Some of
the descriptive texts have embedded URLs.

E.g.

<DT>
<A HREF="http://cassfos01.ucsd.edu:8080/">
 University of California, San Diego -  Center for Astrophysics and Space
Sciences
</A>
<!-- CATEGORY  dept optical  -->
<!-- OWNER  [email-masked]  -->
( UCSD - CASS )
</DT>
<DD>
 The <A HREF="http://cassfos01.ucsd.edu:8080/cass.html">Center for
Astrophysics and Space Sciences</A> at <A
HREF="http://www.ucsd.edu/">UC San Diego</A> is the birthplace of the
multi-channel Digicon
photon detectors. Four of these are used on two instruments,
the UCSD <A HREF="http://cassfos01.ucsd.edu:8080/fos.html">Faint Object
Spectrometer</A> (FOS), and the <A
HREF="http://cassfos01.ucsd.edu:8080/ghrs.html">Goddard High Resolution
Spectrometer</A> (GHRS), on the <A
HREF="http://www.stsci.edu/top.html">Hubble Space
Telescope</A> (HST). Available at this site is information relating to
the activities, facilities, and personnel at CASS. The Faint Object
Spectrograph group, its history, and related areas of research are
described in detail.
</DD>

All the cassfos01 URLs are dead as far as I can tell. I suppose that you
are only checking the URLs of the headlines.

Hans-Martin