Subject: New WWW browser

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Durand) (by way of [email-masked] (Hans-Martin Adorf))
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 1994 08:49:11 +0100

Please look at the netscape WWW browser. You will find it under
ftp://ftp.mcom.com/pub/netware...

They have Mac, X and Windoze versions.

It is incredibly faster than Mosaic (up to 20X more if you have big
images) It is really a breakthrough.

Let me know what you think....

Chers

Daniel

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 94 15:36:05 EDT

> ftp://ftp.mcom.com/pub/netware...

see

 http://mosaic.mcom.com/info/newsrelease.html
 http://mosaic.mcom.com/info/how-to-get-it.html

The mcom server was overloaded, so I got my copy from U.Kansas.

 > Let me know what you think....

I am impressed. I am still trying to decide whether to commit myself
to it as a replacement for old Mosaic. Now we know what Marc
Andreesson has been doing since he left Illinois-NCSA!

Netscape supports the mailto: URL. 
Email support is definitely better.
Print support seems to be improved.

-Don