Subject: Internet listservers

From: [email-masked] (Hans-Martin Adorf)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 1994 16:19:58 +0100

Internet mailing lists are often hard to find, since there are
  so many. However, there's a Web page that supposedly lists all of
  them. It enables you to sort alphabetically or by category, and
  when you sort by category, you can get more detailed information
  on the list. The site appears to be a functional advertisement for
  a $99 tool (currently only Windows-based, but a Mac version is in
  the works and slated for November release - they'd better hurry)
  called InfoMagnet, which lets you find, search, and participate in
  LISTSERV-based mailing lists. From the sounds of it, Info-Magnet
  is a front-end interface to the often-complex LISTSERV commands.

http://www.clark.net/pub/listserv/listserv.html

  In addition, another Web page enables you to search a database
  (maintained by Dartmouth College) of almost 6,000 mailing lists.
  The database is updated weekly, and this site has become one of my
  favorite tools on the Web. [ACE]

http://alpha.acast.nova.edu:80/listserv.html

A.C. Engst