Subject: AstroWeb meets Harvest

From: Bob Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 94 16:21:49 EST

I have fed the AstroWeb database into Harvest.

You can access the results at:

http://anarky.stsci.edu/brokers/AstroWeb/query.html

Let me know what you think.
	good, bad, indifferent, ...

			Bob

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 94 14:35:47 +0100

About: Query Interface to the AstroWeb Database Broker

I find that an interesting tool, but certainly quite complicated to
use, and providing results quite difficult to interpret...
My opinion is that it adds too much confusion for the normal user, 
and we should prefer to provide our users with the present search 
mechanisms based on the database itself (and the descriptions therein).

This said, I find the search mechanism at STScI sometimes
very frustrating (this &%$#! WAIS index...). One example:
if you want to find the entries related to catalogs you
have to feed the search mechanism with "catalog" "catalogs"
"catalogue" and "catalogues".  Rather cumbersome, isn't it ?

Daniel