Subject: Re: Merging proposal, version 2.0

From: [email-masked] (anton koekemoer)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 94 01:43:31 EST

Jose Daniel Ponz writes:
> After the discussions on the merging proposal, here you have the simplified 
> (second) version:
> ...
> Do you have additional comments this proposal, before sending it to Sergio?

Fine by me, especially in terms of reflecting the current Astroweb mechanism.

W.r.t. to what Don wrote,

> ...
> MSSSO and STECF operate with variations of the procedures which I
> originally built (in the programming language AWK). Any new consortium
> members are welcome to my code, and I am sure that Anton and
> Hans-Martin will make the same offer for their versions.  Bob uses

yes you're quite welcome to take a look at the scripts I use to make my
version of Astroweb at MSSSO (I took Don's scripts in April and finished most
of the kludging by early June, so they may have diverged somewhat from the
current NRAO scripts; you may find it instructive to do a 'diff' between them)
- and also my modified versions of the tcl scripts (from Bob and Daniel Egret)
to regularly update the files at MSSSO. Don't know how much use all these will
be to you, apart from yet another example of how to make one's own set of
Astroweb pages :)..

In any case the top-level directory for the awk scripts and Makefile is 
     http://meteor.anu.edu.au/anton/astroweb/
while the tcl scripts used for fetching/updating live in:
     http://meteor.anu.edu.au/anton/astroweb/fetch/
(see the README for a description). None of my kludges are particularly
elegant, they just work (generally..). Presumably I could achieve the same
result using only tcl, as Bob has done - but I've not had the time to look
into this.

						cheers,
						 - anton.