Subject: World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Astronomy and Astrophysics

From: Bob Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 94 09:22:33 EST

I would like to consider placing the AstroWeb at the
top level of your page titled:

	World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Astronomy and Astrophysics 

located at:

http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/DataSources/bySubject/astro/astro.html

AstroWeb is substantially more complete than your index.

It also provides valued added categorization, aliveness validation, 
and content indexing and searching that the other Astronomy
services don't provide.

				Bob

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 94 10:43:25 EST

Dear AstroWeb friends,

I looked at the URL at CERN which Bob gave in his message.  Sergio
Paoli's CERN pages definitely have URLs and features that we don't
have. He has demonstrated that he is also an independent collector of
URLs, and that he can classify and organize the data at our level.

Perhaps we (AstroWeb Consortium) should invite him to be a full member
of AstroWeb, and to incorporate his records into the AstroWeb database
and make the CERN pages be a daily-updated version of AstroWeb.

-Don