Subject: Re: ABOUT SIZE...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 95 09:34:29 +0100

Hi Sergio, welcome to the group,
and best wishes, all !

>      If I want the section Mailing Lists only, I need load all the page.
>     I prefer to split one big page in different small pages.
>     There are opinions about this?

This has been discussed in the past, and the idea is that each site
may have a different approach, trying to have each one its own balance 
between simplicity of organization (not too many files) and bandwidth 
efficiency (not too large files).

Daniel Egret

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 95 10:03:49 +0100

Don Wells writes:
> I have made the change -- each category is now in a separate page.
> The code of program http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/www/astroweb/dtsplit.awk
> was changed, the configuration table was not changed at all. The
> previous version is file dtsplit.old

I have temporarily removed the mirror copy of NRAO pages at CDS,
as I have no time in the next few days to follow the changes made.
Will be restored in a week or two.

Daniel