Subject: WWW entry

From: Library Cummins Diamond <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 17:02:50 -0500

I added our departmental homepage, via the form, 5 weeks ago and I am
surprised to see that it is still not on ASTROWEB.  Is that a typical delay?

Marlene Cummins
U of Toronto Astronomy Library
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 95 09:23:21 EST

"LCD" == Library Cummins Diamond <[email-masked]> writes:

LCD> I added our departmental homepage, via the form, 5 weeks ago and I am
LCD> surprised to see that it is still not on ASTROWEB.  Is that a typical delay?
LCD> Marlene Cummins
LCD> U of Toronto Astronomy Library
LCD> [email-masked]

Dear Marlene,

I am mystified! I can find no trace of your resource record, and I do
not remember seeing it. I did the last big database update on 2/21,
and it included URL http://ddo.astro.utoronto.ca/cepheids.html, but
not a URL for your library. There were several records with missing
URLs, but yours is not among them. I have even searched backup copies
of my temporary work files, thinking that I might have inadvertently
deleted your record.

I recent times the update operations have been slow because I am
distracted by work on the Green Bank Telescope...

I regret the inconvenience.  Please try again, and verify that your
record appears at the end of the page of incoming records. It is about
time for me to transfer the backlog of incoming records to the master
database....

Regards,
Don Wells

-- 
  Donald C. Wells         Associate Scientist         [email-masked]
                    http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/~dwells
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-804-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road,   Charlottesville, Virginia       22903-2475 USA