Subject: Re: Merging AstroWeb and CERN VL/LaPlata

From: Jose Daniel Ponz VILSPA/VCS <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 15:45:22 +0200 (CET)

In order to share the effort of adding new URLs, I have divided the HTML
files in VL/LaPlata into 8 groups having about the same amount of URLs to 
be added. A volunteer should take care of each group (there are already 3 
names assigned).

Group  Resp.   Filename in VL/LaPlata           
----- -------- ------------------------------------- 
  1   D.Egret  databases.html                      
      D.Egret  libraries.html                       

  2   D.Wells  observatories.html 
               (sects. Radio and Optical)

  3            observatories.html 
               (sects. Space, Solar, Cosmic, 
                Gamma rays and Neutrinos and 
                Other indexes)

  4   D.Ponz   departments-and-groups-america.html   
               departments-and-groups-asia.html      
               departments-and-groups-australia.html        
               departments-and-groups-canada.html           
               departments-and-groups-europe.html           
               departments-and-groups-usa.html              
               nasa.html
    
  5            mailinglists.html                     
               miscellaneous.html                    
               newsgroups.html                       

  6            other-lists.html                      
  
  7            publications.html                     
  
  8            software.html                         
               educational.html
------------------------------------------------------

- Pointers to the master version of these source pages are in 
      http://www.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/~spaoli/astro-old.html
  each of the 'filenames' above can be found as 
      http://www.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/~spaoli/<filename>

- Valid categories are the ones currently defined in AstroWeb and the 
  two new proposed categories: Education and History.

- On the format, Don Wells writes
 > Use either the HTML or the TCL format.  HTML is easier to view, TCL is
 > easier to add to the database.
 
  If Bob has nothing against, I would prefer HTML with the same layout as in 
  file newmaster.html. 
  Otherwise, Bob, please let us know the proposed TCL format.

- We should start the addition of new URLs in about a week, once Sergio has 
  finished the revision of his pages. He will tell us when the files are ready.
  In the mean time we should decide the format and the assignment of the 
  different groups.

  Any comments?

Daniel Ponz

---

From: [email-masked] (Sergio Paoli)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 95 12:03:34 SAT

I'll volunteer for group number 5 ...

>   If Bob has nothing against, I would prefer HTML with the same layout as in 

      I prefer HTML, too. (Sorry, I don't know the Tcl language...)

                                           Sergio   ;-)

--
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+
: Sergio A. Paoli                         :  Paseo del Bosque s/n        :
: Department of Spectroscopy              :  (1900) La Plata             :
: Astronomical Observatory                :  Argentina                   :
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+
: Phones   +54 21 21-7308                                                :
:          +54 21  3-8810                                                :
: Fax      +54 21 21-1761                                                :
: e-mail:  [email-masked]                              : 
: WWW:     http://www.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/~spaoli/                        :
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+