Subject: Re: Merging AstroWeb and CERN VL/LaPlata

From: [email-masked] (Sergio Paoli)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 14:19:37 SAT

Daniel writes

> Now a question. There are two fields in AstroWeb, that are not available 
> in VL/LaPlata, namely 'owner' and 'description'. Do you have suggestions on 
> how to handle these fields? Can these fields be left empty for (some) 
> entries in "AstroWebEdit"-format?
> 

     One possibility is put the maintainer or webmaster's address of each 
     page. It's easy, only looking in the corresponding page...
     IMHO one interesting caracteristic of the AstroWeb is the small
     explanation for each link... 
     
                                           Sergio   ;-)

     
--
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+
: Sergio A. Paoli                         :  Paseo del Bosque s/n        :
: Department of Spectroscopy              :  (1900) La Plata             :
: Astronomical Observatory                :  Argentina                   :
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+
: Phones   +54 21 21-7308                                                :
:          +54 21  3-8810                                                :
: Fax      +54 21 21-1761                                                :
: e-mail:  [email-masked]                              : 
: WWW:     http://www.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/~spaoli/                        :
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+

---

From: Bob Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 95 14:06:36 EST

w.r.t.

*********************************************

If there is no data for owner or description, then they
should be omitted.