Subject: YERAC 95

From: Mike Bursell <[email-masked]> (by way of [email-masked] (Hans-Martin Adorf))
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 12:02:16 +0100

YERAC 95

As you maintain a list of astronomy resources on the Worldwide Web, I thought
you might be interested in YERAC 95, an experimental project from Cambridge
University Press.

YERAC 95 is the set of proceedings of the Young European Radio Astronomers
Conference that took place last year in Cambridge at Mullard Radio Astronomy
Observatory.  The papers are available in two forms - postscript or HTML.  The
HTML documents include inline images for any mathematics that appear in the
papers.  The papers also include 256 colour images, where appropriate, linked
from 'thumb-nail' sketches that allow the reader to preview the images before
deciding whether to download them.

We have tried to make YERAC 95 easy to navigate around, and there are links
throughout in a consistent form.  There is also a 'Navigation' page, which
explains to the user how the papers are laid out within YERAC 95.  From the
'Contributions' page, the titles of papers are linked to abstracts, from which
the reader is free to proceed to the full paper, thus avoiding having to wait
for downloads of papers which are not of interest.

If you would like to do so, we would very much encourage you to put up a link or
links from your page to YERAC 95.  Load on the server is currently high, and it
is worth noting that best results for users from America may well be in the
afternoon, when European load will have dwindled.

The URL of YERAC 95 is:

http://www.cup.cam.ac.uk/onlinepubs/YERAC/YERACtop.html

Cambridge University Press can be found at:

http://www.cup.cam.ac.uk

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours,

Mike Bursell
Cambridge University Press.
http://www.cup.cam.ac.uk

Mike Bursell's public key is available at:
http://tabland.cup.cam.ac.uk/Personal/PGPblock.html