Subject: Starting the merge

From: Jose Daniel Ponz VILSPA/VCS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 20:19:29 +0300 (CET-DST)

Dear colleages,

For your information, Sergio has completed the revision of the URLs 
in VL/LaPlata. So... we can start now the generation of the files in 
the agreed 'Astrowebedit' format. As already discussed, the workload 
can be distributed as follows:

 Resp.      Filenames            
--------    ------------------------------------- 
Daniel E.   databases.html                      
            libraries.html                       

Don         observatories.html (section: Radio)
            departments-and-groups-canada.html           
            departments-and-groups-usa.html              
            nasa.html 

Anton       observatories.html (section: Optical) 
            departments-and-groups-asia.html      
            departments-and-groups-australia.html        

Daniel P.   observatories.html (sections: Space, High_energy, Solar)
            departments-and-groups-europe.html           
            departments-and-groups-america.html           
    
Sergio      mailinglists.html                     
            miscellaneous.html                    
            newsgroups.html                       

Andre       other-lists.html                      
  
Hans-Martin publications.html                     
   
Fionn       software.html                         
            educational.html
------------------------------------------------------

- Pointers to the master version of these source pages are in 
      http://www.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/~spaoli/astro-old.html
  and each of the 'filenames' above can be found in 
      http://www.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/~spaoli/<filename>

- Valid categories are the ones currently defined in AstroWeb and the 
  two new proposed categories: Education and History.

- After testing, using the procedures given by Bob, the files (in 
  Astrowebedit form) should be sent to him for final review and merging 
  with the AstroWeb database.

Is this OK?
Regards,
Daniel Ponz

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 95 12:02:17 +0200

Daniel,

That's OK with me.  I am just a little disappointed, because
what I get is "all URLs", while I was expecting only "New URLs"
(with respect to AstroWeb).   
Well, courage,   I suppose that these New URLs are only a bunch of "grep", 
"awk" and "diff" away...

Daniel Egret

PS: Daniel, see you in Strasbourg next week ?

---

From: Jose Daniel Ponz VILSPA/VCS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 1995 9:57:08 +0300 (CET-DST)

> Well, courage,   I suppose that these New URLs are only a bunch of "grep", 
I have used a (public domain) perl script that extracts URLs from an (HTML) 
file. Sort and diff will do the rest.

> PS: Daniel, see you in Strasbourg next week ?
Yes. We could discuss these and other web issues. 
In concrete, we could start thinking about adding a simple copyright statement
to the AstroWeb, so that we avoid problems in the future. Perhaps
you have already discussed this matter in the past...

Regards,
   Daniel Ponz