Subject: http://www.w3.org/hypertext/DataSources/bySubject/astro/astro.html (fwd)

From: [email-masked] (Sergio Paoli)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 95 11:40:52 SAT

Hi,
       I've received this e-mail today. Please give your opinions.
       Really the e-mail is in reference to my pages, but would be interesting 
       for the AstroWeb Consortium...
       
                                               Sergio   ;-)

> 
> I appreciate the work you've done to make the Internet more accessible,
> especially through your web page (full URL shown in the Subject line).
> I'd like to extend your reach even further by providing a unique mirror
> to your site: including that page on an upcoming CD-ROM we are producing.
> It will help more people to find out about you, and provide a simple
> way for them to get to the current on-line version of your web page.
> 
> This CD will do much more than provide pointers to interesting WWW sites.
> Among its unique features will be the inclusion of certain, notable web
> pages for immediate, local access.  This will help people find the sites
> that truly meet their needs faster, as well as allowing people to sample
> the offerings of the Internet even before getting physically connected.
> 
> Anyway, I would like to include your page.  To duplicate its appearance
> and function as closely as possible, I'd also like to include local inline
> images and references that your page contains, as long as they're on the
> same server (I won't assume you can grant me permission beyond that unless
> you specifically say you can).
> 
> Normally, directory publishers just grab references or set off robots
> to browse the Net.  I'm trying to add more value to this CD, and give
> you credit for the work that you've done.  So I will not include your
> page unless I receive your permission.  You can simply reply to this mail
> saying 'OK' or send back any other comments or suggestions you might have.
> 
> Thank you!
> Eric Baller

--
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+
: Sergio A. Paoli                         :  Paseo del Bosque s/n        :
: Department of Spectroscopy              :  (1900) La Plata             :
: Astronomical Observatory                :  Argentina                   :
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+
: Phones   +54 21 21-7308                                                :
:          +54 21  3-8810                                                :
: Fax      +54 21 21-1761                                                :
: e-mail:  [email-masked]                              : 
: WWW:     http://www.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/~spaoli/                        :
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+