Subject: Fields ordered by their popularity

From: [email-masked] (Hans-Martin Adorf)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 12:23:57 +0200

According to the WWW Virtual Library statistics
<http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/DataSources/bySubject/Statistics.html>
the AstroWeb database ranks 16th among the most popular topics. I have no
idea how the statistics was accumulated.

          Sport: 4581 (26/Apr/1995)
          Home pages: 4218 (Thursday 27 April 1995)
          U.S. Federal Government Agencies: 1476 (26/Apr/1995)
          Association Football: 1426 (26/Apr/1995)
          Art: 1349 (28/Jan/1995)
          Collecting: 1181 (20/Mar/1995)
          Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs): 1148 (26/Apr/1995)
          Museums: 1145 (27/Apr/1995)
          Asian Studies: 1047 (26/Apr/1995)
          Beer & Brewing: 921 (22/Apr/1995)
          Fish: 918 (26/Apr/1995)
          Baseball: 823 (26/Apr/1995)
          Secular Issues: 765 (26/Apr/1995)
          Environment: 757 (26/Apr)
          Latin American Studies: 747 (26/Apr/1995)
          Astronomy and Astrophysics: 684 (28/Jan/1995)

Cheers
Hans-Martin

---

From: [email-masked] (Sergio Paoli)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 95 16:53:43 SAT

>           Astronomy and Astrophysics: 684 (28/Jan/1995)

    Hi Hans-Martin,
                    Really this is not the true statistics, because the
                    Astro pages are tipically in the top five of the WWW-VL.
                    If you look the statistic, this number is for January 28,
                    it's very old! (The statistics for my page are computed 
                    for the peolple at CERN and, in the lasts months, there was
                    problems with the movement of the WWW Initiative from the
                    CERN to the MIT...)
                    I'm working with the CERN's people in new statistics...
                    OK, seeya,
                    
                                                        Sergio   ;-)
                                                        
--
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+
: Sergio A. Paoli                         :  Paseo del Bosque s/n        :
: Department of Spectroscopy              :  (1900) La Plata             :
: Astronomical Observatory                :  Argentina                   :
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+
: Phones   +54 21 21-7308                                                :
:          +54 21  3-8810                                                :
: Fax      +54 21 21-1761                                                :
: e-mail:  [email-masked]                              : 
: WWW:     http://www.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/~spaoli/                        :
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------------+