Subject: ALEXIS Entry

From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 95 10:39:17 EDT

Message entered by: Jeffrey J. Bloch @ alexis.lanl.gov [128.165.207.140]

Hello,

	I'm the project leader for the ALEXIS satellite effort at
Los Alamos. On my first perusal of the AstroWeb page, I was very pleased to see
a listing of our project's home page. I would like to request a modification
to your short description of the project to include Los Alamos and the DOE in the
description:

Current Listing:

Array of Low Energy X-ray Imaging Sensors ( ALEXIS ) 
     ALEXIS' X-ray telescopes feature curved mirrors whose multilayer coatings reflect and focus
     low-energy X-rays the way optical telescopes focus visible light. The detectors that record the
     arrival of X-ray photons were built by a team at the University of California, Berkeley 

Requested Changes:

Array of Low Energy X-ray Imaging Sensors ( ALEXIS, LANL, SNL, UCB-SSL ) 
     ALEXIS' X-ray telescopes feature curved mirrors whose multilayer coatings reflect and focus
     low-energy X-rays or extreme ultraviolet light the way optical telescopes focus visible light.
     The satellite and payloads were funded by the Department of Energy and built by Los Alamos National
     Laboratory in collaboration with Sandia National Laboratory and the University of
     California-Space Sciences Lab. The Launch was provided by the Air Force Space Test
     Program on a Pegasus Booster on April 25, 1993. The mission is entirely controlled from a small groundstation at
     LANL.

LANL has a main web page at http://www.lanl.gov/