Subject: New Version of AstroWeb Edit is available

From: Bob Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 11:40:57 EDT

Let me know if anything crashes, hangs, dies, doesn't work
etc.

		Bob

---

From: [email-masked] (Don Wells)
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 23:22:53 -0400

"BJ" == Bob Jackson <[email-masked]> writes:
BJ> Let me know if anything crashes, hangs, dies, doesn't work

GOOD: the DELETE function definitely works.

BAD: the MODIFY function reports success but the changes are not
actually made.

BUG/FEATURE: consider the case of <http://iram.fr/www/iram.html>. The
HTML markup is not obeyed in the window of the form (at least under
Mosaic), although the markup is present in the source of the form as
seen in the View_Source window.

SUGGESTION: perhaps the form should have a comments field.

The batch update operation occurs at about 31 minutes after the hour.
One can work for most of each hour making changes, and order
re-computations of the pages hourly.

The change_log is now enormous: 828_KB. At some point we should
truncate this if possible.

Overall, I am pleased. This new technology definitely makes it easier
to make individual corrections.

-Don