Subject: Re: Changing the Master database...

From: Bob Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 95 09:15:50 EDT

w.r.t.

      I was making some modifications in a few entries in the database.
      Changing categories (for example for my pages in AstroWeb...) was OK.
      But when I change the URL for WebStars, the link disappear!
      Is not the correct method use the function MODIFY for change the URL?
      The correct is use the function COPY first and after use DELETE
      with the old link?
      The same with the address of COSMOS mailing list...

***************************************************

When you connect to 

	astroweb-cvs.html

you see a HTML form which was generated between 0 and 60 minutes ago.

If you change the URL of a resource, the central database is updated, 
but the following files will not be updated until about 30 minutes 
after the hour:

	newmaster.tcl
	newmaster.html
	astroweb-cvs.html

So the old URL will still be in those files until they are updated.

The COPY function is meant for creating a new resource which is
similar to an existing resource.

Use the MODIFY function to make any changes to an existing resource.

Use the DELETE function to remove a resource.

...

			Bob