Subject: Re: AstroWeb

From: [email-masked] (Anton Koekemoer)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 12:09:22 +0100

Don Wells writes:
>"SP" == Sergio Paoli <[email-masked]> writes:
>SP> Hi!  This people is usinge the name AstroWeb:
>SP> http://www.astro.umontreal.ca/Web/astroweb_eng.html
>
>> I think that their use of "AstroWEB" on this page is inappropriate.

I agree; I'm glad to see they changed it in response. (actually, "AstroWWW"
was an alternative I had in mind when we were discussing the name a couple of
years ago :) --but I didn't push it since I agreed that "AstroWeb" was a rather
catchier title. So they're welcome to keep "astrowww").

however, our Austrian friend at Vienna has still insisted on retaining the
title "AstroWeb Vienna" for the page:
	http://www.ast.univie.ac.at/
even though I thought we sent him a similar request last year some time.
Admittedly the context is somewhat different since he's not using the term for
the list of astronomy resources there and at least he points to stsci/nrao.
But it still implies to some extent a connection with the 'real' Astroweb,
since there is nothing on his pages to suggest otherwise..

						cheers,
						 - anton.