Subject: RE: Literature

From: [email-masked] (Robert A Carlin)
Date: 21 Feb 91 16:29:25 GMT

There's another book you might like to look at.  The author's name is
Thomas Lynch, and the Library of Congress Publication Data reads as follows:

Lynch, Thomas J., 1932 - 
    Data Compression Techniques and Applications

    Includes bibliographies and index.
    1. Data compression (Computer science)      I. Title.
QA 76.9.D33L96 1984     001.64    85-5756
ISBN 0-534-03418-7

    As someone with no data compression experience whatsoever (and very little
computer expertise as well), I found this book easy to read and fairly easy
to understand.  Lynch also includes sections at the ends of each chapter
with suggestions for further reading.

    I hope this helps!

						Rob Carlin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert Carlin, State University of New York at Buffalo  
INTERNET: [email-masked] OR [email-masked]

It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it is.  If 
you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't her's.  It isn't our's
either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
			- Oxford University Press, Edpress News