Subject: Re: Comparison of image compressions

From: [email-masked] (Ivan)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 06:13:35 UNLISTED

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Hans Sandsdalen) writes:

>I am lokking for an article which compares different image compression
>techniques, still images. 

This article may answer your questions.  Do not know about Dr. Dobb though 
apart from that his journels are available on oour local BBS frequently.

Path: status.gen.nz!waikato!wupost!simtel.coast.net!msdos-ann-request
From: [email-masked] (Keith Petersen)
Newsgroups: comp.archives.msdos.announce
Subject: Info on ARC, ARJ, LZH, ZIP, ZOO, LBR, Compressed & Squeezed files
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 1994 15:26:37 GMT
Expires: 2 Nov 94 20:00:00 GMT
Followup-To: comp.archives.msdos.d
Sender: [email-masked]
Organization: SimTel, the Coast to Coast Software Repository (tm)
Approved: [email-masked]
Lines: 188

[File: /SimTel/msdos/starter/00-files.doc        Revised: Sept. 15, 1994]

All about ARC, ARJ, LZH, ZIP, ZOO, LBR, Compressed and Squeezed files

Some of the files available from SimTel, the Coast to Coast Software
Repository (tm), have been transformed by using one of the standard
freely-distributable utilities that either SQueezes, LiBRaries, ARChives,
ARJs, LZHs, ZIPs, or ZOOs files.  Some files in other collections have
been compressed.

____________________________
Ivan Hyslop
Desktop Publishing Services.
Howick, Auckland, New Zealand.
E-MAIL: [email-masked]