Subject: Re: Converter from Tiff to JPEG

From: [email-masked] (James Botte)
Date: 28 Nov 1994 16:05:05 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Lau Siu Wah) writes:
|> Does someone know if there is a program to convert compressed image
|> in TIFF format to JPEG format?
|> 
|> Clarence.

The best PC based system for doing this sort of thing is a program
called Graphics Workshop from a company called Alchemy Mindworks.
It is shareware and is available on many FidoNet type systems. I do
not know if there is an FTP site for it. I get asked this a lot...
is there any FTP site that would be willing to carry this package?
I would be willing to "upload" it regularly. In addition to converting
>from one graphics format to another, the program also allows you to
view, crop, scale, dither, and a bunch of other image processing
operations. It is free to try out, but you would eventually have to
pay for it (there are worldwide "distributors").

If someone volunteers an FTP site, perhaps this could become a FAQ?

	Jim

#include <std_disclaimer.h>  // My opinions are my own,
                             //   but you have have them if you like.