Subject: VLBA UV-data FITS test files

From: mcs at goblin.caltech.edu (Martin Shepherd)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1992 03:42:59 GMT

I have just been reading the draft proposal for the new FITS format
for interferometer UV data exchange. Does anybody know if there are
any FITS test files in this format - available by anonymous ftp?
There didn't seem to be anything relevant at fits.cx.nra.edu.

Thanks.

Martin Shepherd
(mcs at phobos.caltech.edu)

---

From: dwells at azalea.cx.nrao.edu (Don Wells)
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1992 15:11:28 GMT

In article <1992Jun27.034259.18877 at cco.caltech.edu>
mcs at goblin.caltech.edu (Martin Shepherd) writes: ".. [re] draft
proposal for.. new FITS format for interferometer UV data exchange..
[are there] any FITS test files in this format..?..."

The VLBA Correlator produces this format on disk in real-time. The
test files are readable by current "TEST" versions of AIPS. Perhaps
the Correlator team will be able to select some existing test data and
make it available in the archive; I will check into that on Monday.

Probably we won't be able to make any more test files for at least a
month -- the disassembly of the actual Correlator began on Friday, and
half of it is already in the hallway in wooden crates. The whole
complex will be shipped to New Mexico 13 days from now...
--

Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        dwells at nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
520 Edgemont Road                                 Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N