Subject: Image/Data Archive unveiling ***

From: opus at pioneer.unm.edu (Colby Kraybill)
Date: 13 Jun 92 19:46:14 GMT

We are happy to announce the free availability of our database of over
150 cd-rom's.  

pioneer.unm.edu is the Space and Planetary Image Facility, located on the
University of New Mexico campus.  It is supported by the Computer and
Information Resource Technology (CIRT) group on this campus, and also by the
Space and Planetary Image Facility (SPIF).
CIRT has provided the machine, diskspace, and cd-rom players.  SPIF has
provided the cd-roms and also the people maintaining the machine.

This project is still in it's infancy, so you will have to bare with us.
Right now you can only FTP into the machine and look around at what happens
to be on the cd-rom drives, and also what software that is held on the machine.
We are working on many various projects to increase the usefullness of the 
machine and it's database.

Pioneer is a DECStation 5000/120 with 1.5 gigabytes of diskspace and three
CD-ROM players.  Budget cuts not withstanding, another 1.5 gigabyts of 
diskspace and a few more CD-ROM players around July.

Here is the listing of the CD-ROM's that can be mounted on the players:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title						Subtitle		Disks
----------------------------------------------  ----------------------- -------
Airborne Antarctic Ozone Experiment		Aug/Sep '87		1/1

Airborne Artic Stratospheric Experiment		Jan/Feb '89		1/1

DMSP SSM/I Brightness Temperature Grids         Polar Regions           12

DMSP SSM/I Ice Grids                                                    1

Einstein X-ray Data				Slew Survey		1/1 
						High Resolution Imager	2/2 
						IPC Souces Catalog	3/3 

Geological Remote Sensing Field Experiment				9/9

Gloria Sonar Data				Atlantic Coast		2/2 

Green Bank Sky Maps and Radio Source Catalog    Radio Astronomy         1/1

High Resolution Bathymetry and Selected
Geoscience Data for the Monterey Bay Region				1/1

Hubble Guide Star Catalog                                               2/2

International Halley Watch Sample Disk          Tabular Data            1/1

IRAS star catalog                                                       4/4

MacWorld Software Showcase						1/1

Magellan                                        1-22 & 30-42            34/52

Mars Digital Image Map                          Mosaics                 6/6

National Energy Research Seismic Library				1/1

Nimbus 7 SMMR (disks 1-6 are N Pole radiances,                          1-12 
disks 8-12 are S Pole radiances, and disk #7 is 
NP radiances and seaice concentrations)

PreMagellan Radar and Gravity Data					1/1

Selected Astronomical Catalogs						1/1

SIGCAT Sampler								1/2

SIGCAT Software Showcase						1/1

TOMS Gridded Ozone Data				1978-1991		2/2

Tropical Ocean Global Atmosphere					1/1

Viking Optical Data                             Raw Data                8/30

Viking Thermal Data							1/1

Voyager Optical Data							12/12

West Coast Time Series Coastal Zone Color 
Scanner Imagery                                                         1/1

__________________________________________________________________________
| CD-ROM's in the possesion of the Map and Geographic Information Center |
| (MAGIC) located in the Centennial Science and Engineering Library      |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digital Line Graph Data                                                 4/x

Geology of Nevada                                                       1/1

Orthophoto USDA SCS - USGS NMD Joint Project				1/1

Side Looking Airborne Radar						1/1

SIGCAT Sampler								1/1

Supermap Census Data							1/1

World Atlas								1/1

World Weather Disk							1/1

---

From: carls at triton.unm.edu (Mr.HolierThanThou)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 92 22:31:15 GMT

Please note that the list of cd-roms includes a few disks that
we may only make available to UNM as some of the data and software on
the disks may not be 'public domain'. We will try to get permission
>from our disk suppliers to put these disks on the net. Thank you.

					Bruce Carlson
					carls at pioneer.unm.edu
					carls at triton.unm.edu
.