Subject: WGAS exploder and sci.astro.fits

From: dwells at azalea.cx.nrao.edu (Don Wells)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1992 22:46:53 GMT

During the past few days there have been a number of postings to both
the WGAS exploder and the sci.astro.fits newsgroup (which is also
the fitsbits exploder) with titles like:

	Data structure in FITS (Was: Re: Thoughts from WGAS...)
	Thoughts from WGAS -- compression and nesting extensions
	Data structure in FITS (Was: Re: Thoughts
	Thoughts from WGAS (1)
	IMAGE extension

The initial postings appeared in both places, and then followups and
new threads of discussion occurred in both places independently.  The
purpose of this message is to alert the people who are listening to
only one of the two places that important discussions have been
happening in the other place. The number of these postings is large
enough that I don't think it will be practical to hand-forward the
traffic.

--

Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        dwells at nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
520 Edgemont Road                                 Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N