Subject: Looking for DAOPHOT

From: mcollins at wdc.sps.mot.com (Michael Collins)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1993 00:18:48 GMT

Does anyone know where I could get DAOPHOT as a stand-alone executable
for a Sun 4 running SunOS 4.1.3?  I know this software is part of IRAF,
however, our network configuration prohibits me from installing that
package according to the documentation and I haven't been successful
in my attempts to get a partial, nonstandard installation running.  I
have access to some photometric data which I would like to try my hand
at reducing and DAOPHOT appears to be an appopriate tool for the job.
  Either an ftp site or a source for magnetic media in just about any
format is acceptable.  An executable is highly preferred as we don't
have a FORTRAN compiler.  I'm hoping someone can point me at a file
comparable to one I found on fits.cv.nrao.edu which uncompressed to
a working copy of SAOimage.  I expect DAOPHOT to be bigger and likely
much more complex, but that's the general idea anyway.
  Any assistance will be appreciated.  I'll also be happy to summarize
and report email replies.

				-- Michael Collins --
--
mcollins at wdc.sps.mot.com