Subject: DAOPHOT

From: pma at rlsvs2.bnsc.rl.ac.uk (Peter M. Allan)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1993 10:02:11 +0100

[mistakenly sent to "fitsbits-request" instead of "fitsbits" -Don]
------- Start of forwarded message -------
From: pma at rlsvs2.bnsc.rl.ac.uk (Peter M. Allan)
To: fitsbits-request at fits.CV.NRAO.EDU
Subject: DAOPHOT
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1993 10:02:11 +0100

Michael,

We provide DAOPHOT as part of the STARLINK software collection with the
agreement of the author of DAOPHOT. The version that we distribute reads files
that are stored in the Hierarchical Data System (HDS) format. If you do not
have files in this format (I presume that you do not), we can supply you with
software to convert data into HDS files. We do have a version for SunOS 4.1.3.

The documentation that I have about DAOPHOT states that the version at DAO
reads data in Caltech Figaro format. This used to be a bastardised version of
HDS, but Caltech Figaro now uses HDS directly. I am not sure if this has
reached DAO, but it seems likely.

The author of DAOPHOT is Peter Stetson (stetson at dao.nrc.ca). If you want to get
the most up to date version of the code you should go to him. I expect that you
will have to build the system yourself though.

If you want to get DAOPHOT (ready built plus source code) from us, or if you
want any other STARLINK software just let me know.

Peter Allan
STARLINK project
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
------- End of forwarded message -------