Subject: Samples of BINTABLE and IMAGE?

From: dwells at fits.CV.NRAO.EDU (Don Wells)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 21:25:39 GMT

I would like to accumulate samples of BINTABLE and IMAGE, the two FITS
extension types which are in the process of becoming FITS standards.
I would like to create new subdirectories on fits.cv.nrao.edu to
contain these files. Such samples would be useful for guidance to
programmers and for interoperability testing of FITS software.

If your organization is creating BINTABLE files please respond to me
by Email so that we can make arrangements for transferring to me one
or more samples of the product(s) produced by your software. Samples
of prototype file formats are almost as desirable as samples of
formats which are in production, so please do not hesitate to offer me
samples of prototypes.

I would especially like to learn of any organizations which have
software which produces the IMAGE extension, and I would like to get
samples of such files.
--

  Donald C. Wells           Associate Scientist       dwells at nrao.edu
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-804-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road                              Fax= +1-804-296-0278
  Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA         78:31.1W, 38:02.2N