Subject: HELP: Coordinate Projection Info Needed

From: careys at rebecca.its.rpi.edu (Sean Joesph Carey)
Date: 21 Jul 1993 05:59:48 GMT

Does anyone know how does AIPS handle coordinate projections. That is, how
is the coordinate projection (GNOMONIC, as in IRAS data, for instance)
for an image loaded into AIPS? Also, in general what is the current standard
keywords for projections in FITS? Is there a reference for conversion from
pixel coordinates to actual sky coordinates for various projections.
charon:/usr6/mlk/carey/aips% vi aipshelp
charon:/usr6/mlk/carey/aips% more aipshelp
Does anyone know how AIPS handles coordinate projections. That is, how
is the coordinate projection (GNOMONIC, as in IRAS data, for instance)
for an image loaded into AIPS? Also, in general what is the current standard
keywords for projections in FITS? Is there a reference for conversion from
pixel coordinates to actual sky coordinates for various projections. Any help
is gretaly appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Sean Carey           \|/                276-6763
        Star Formation Lab   -*-                carey at charon.phys.rpi.edu
        Science Center       /|\                SC 3C18
        R. P. I.