Subject: WANTED: FITS conversion program for Khoros

From: keith at unixg.ubc.ca (Keith S Cover)
Date: 21 Jul 1993 14:42:56 GMT

Does anyone have code for converting from FITS to Khoro's viff (xv) format?
Khoros has a very limited program to do this but it does not handle
headers more than 1 FITS block in length or floating point values.
C code strongly prefered.

Thanks in advance.

Keith S Cover
Physics, UBC
keith at msmri.med.ubc.ca

---

From: cflatter at cv3.CV.NRAO.EDU (Chris Flatters)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 93 19:09:14 GMT

If nothing better exists you should be able to modify the AVS FITS reader
available by anonymous ftp from baboon.cv.nrao.edu (directory
/pub/aips/AVS/subfits) to do what you want.  You will just have to strip out
the AVS wrappers and substitute the appropriate code for Khoros.

	Chris Flatters
	cflatter at nrao.edu