Subject: Re: Explanation req'd...

From: pmurphy at cv3.CV.NRAO.EDU (Pat Murphy)
Date: 11 Oct 1993 20:58:00 GMT

In article <1993Oct6.124129.5844 at msus1.msus.edu>,
   vipond at mhd.moorhead.msus.edu asked:

V> Just what is this group for, exactly?

Here is the original charter, available with a lot of other info, on
fits.cv.nrao.edu in fits/traffic/sciastrofits/charter_sci_astro_fits.news.

>From dwells at fits.CX.NRAO.EDU Fri Feb 14 11:54:35 1992
From: dwells at fits.CX.NRAO.EDU (Don Wells)
Subject: CFV:  sci.astro.fits
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1992 14:16:13 GMT

Name:	sci.astro.fits

Status:	Unmoderated

Charter:

  This newsgroup will provide a forum for the discussion of all topics
  concerning the FITS [Flexible Image Transport System] data format.
  The newsgroup will be interfaced to the Email exploder
  fitsbits at fits.cx.nrao.edu so that traffic originating on either the
  newsgroup on the exploder will be automatically transmitted to the
  other. This new newsgroup will replace existing newsgroup
  alt.sci.astro.fits.  

Reference Entry:

  sci.astro.fits	Issues related to the Flexible Image Transport System.

				- Pat
--
==========================================================================
| Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                Scientific Programming Analyst |
| National Radio Astronomy Observatory    Net:       pmurphy at nrao.edu    |
| 520 Edgemont Road                       Phone:     (804) 296-0372      |
| Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475          VoiceMail: (804) 980-5889      |
|      "I don't believe in the no-win scenario"  --- James T. Kirk       |
==========================================================================