Subject: Re: FITS<->netCDF

From: pmurphy at orangutan.CV.NRAO.EDU (Pat Murphy)
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1993 02:20:51 GMT

In article <CGLr46.B40 at ra.nrl.navy.mil> pauls at altas.nrl.navy.mil (Tom
   Pauls) writes: 

TP> Is there a FITS to netCDF conversion program available, or is
TP> anyone working on one? 

There is a FITS to pgm converter (email me and I'll poke around, don't
remember offhand where it came from) but it can only handle a subset
of the FITS standard (no extensions, groups, ascii or binary tables).
If that's enough, and if there is a ppmtonetcdf, it might be worth
pursuing. 
				- Pat
--
==========================================================================
| Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                Scientific Programming Analyst |
| National Radio Astronomy Observatory    Net:       pmurphy at nrao.edu    |
| 520 Edgemont Road                       Phone:     (804) 296-0372      |
| Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475          VoiceMail: (804) 980-5889      |
|        WWW: "ftp://orangutan.cv.nrao.edu/pub/html/pm-home.html"        |
|      "I don't believe in the no-win scenario"  --- James T. Kirk       |
==========================================================================