Subject: newsgroup charter

From: xx347 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu (SEDS)
Date: 17 Jan 1994 17:12:28 GMT

Can someone post the charter for this newsgroup?

thanks,
-- Brian

-- 
,~~~~~|~~~~~|~~~\ ,~~~~ Students for the Exploration and Development of Space 
`---, |---  |    |`---, CWRU Chapter  -  (xx347)  -  "go seds" or "go space" 
`---' `---- `---'-----'     Ad Astra Per Ardua  (To the Stars by Effort)
  contact Brian (754-2078, bjr) or Yan (371-4364, yxl20) for more information

---

From: pmurphy at cv3.CV.NRAO.EDU (Pat Murphy)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 1994 02:58:03 GMT

In article <2hegts$174 at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, xx347 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
   (SEDS) writes: 

Brian> 	Can someone post the charter for this newsgroup?

Sure.  Also accessible via anonymous ftp (and WWW) on fits.cv.nrao.edu.
I've edited out the CFV (call for votes) stuff.

>From dwells at fits.CX.NRAO.EDU Fri Feb 14 11:54:35 1992
>Newsgroups: news.announce.newgroups,news.groups,sci.astro,sci.space,alt.sci.astro.fits,sci.astro.hubble
>Followup-To: poster
>From: dwells at fits.CX.NRAO.EDU (Don Wells)
>Subject: CFV:  sci.astro.fits
>Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1992 14:16:13 GMT

Name:	sci.astro.fits

Status:	Unmoderated

Charter:

  This newsgroup will provide a forum for the discussion of all topics
  concerning the FITS [Flexible Image Transport System] data format.
  The newsgroup will be interfaced to the Email exploder
  fitsbits at fits.cx.nrao.edu so that traffic originating on either the
  newsgroup on the exploder will be automatically transmitted to the
  other. This new newsgroup will replace existing newsgroup
  alt.sci.astro.fits.  

Reference Entry:

  sci.astro.fits	Issues related to the Flexible Image Transport System.

-- 
Donald C. Wells             Associate Scientist        dwells at nrao.edu
National Radio Astronomy Observatory                   +1-804-296-0277
520 Edgemont Road                                 Fax= +1-804-296-0278
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903-2475 USA            78:31.1W, 38:02.2N 

--
==========================================================================
| Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                Scientific Programming Analyst |
| National Radio Astronomy Observatory    Net:       pmurphy at nrao.edu    |
| 520 Edgemont Road                       Phone:     (804) 296-0372      |
| Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475          VoiceMail: (804) 980-5889      |
| http://info.cv.nrao.edu/staff/pmurphy/pm-home.html (Irish/Celtic info) |
|      "I don't believe in the no-win scenario"  --- James T. Kirk       |
==========================================================================