Subject: call for papers -- BAAS Software Technical Reports

From: hanisch at stsci.edu (Bob Hanisch)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 1994 21:28:07 GMT

To:       Prospective authors of BAAS Technical Reports
From:     Bob Hanisch, Chair, AAS Working Group on Astronomical Software
          Judy Johnson, AAS Executive Office
Subject:  Call for papers and instructions to authors
Date:     10 January 1994

As you may be aware, the Working Group on Astronomical Software of the AAS
publishes technical and facilities reports in the  Bulletin of the American
Astronomical Society.  We will be publishing WGAS Reports in the issue of the
Bulletin which is scheduled for distribution in late May, 1994.

Contributions may be either technical reports about a particular program,
algorithm, computer system, etc., that you feel would be of interest to other
members of the AAS, or facilities reports describing this year's progress with
a major data analysis system (IRAF, AIPS, MIDAS, etc.).  There is no strict
limit to the amount of pages, but three to five pages is generally the norm.

Papers may be submitted either electronically or in camera-ready form.
Complete instructions for preparation of electronic manuscripts are given in
the file pubs/baas/baasman.tex on blackhole.aas.org [192.102.234.112], which is
accessible via anonymous FTP.  Instructions for preparation of camera-ready
manuscripts are given in the file pubs/baas/camera_ready.txt.  If you have
difficulty in obtaining these files via FTP, call or send e-mail to Judy
Johnson and she can arrange to fax this information to you.  Electronic
submissions must be prepared using the BAAS Technical Notes style file,
baas.sty, which is located in the same directory.  Electronic manuscripts
should be submitted via e-mail to Judy Johnson (address below).  Please note
that we will generate the final pages from the electronic inputs in order to
assure that a consistent set of fonts and a uniform page layout is used.
Camera-ready manuscripts should be sent by post to the AAS Executive Office,
BAAS Technical Reports, 1630 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC  20009.

The deadline for receipt of manuscripts, either in electronic or camera-ready
form, is February 22, 1994.

Once we have received your report and approved it for style and content, we
will send you a copyright agreement form and a reprint order form.  Page
charges are $80/page and reprint prices are listed on the order form.

You will also receive a galley proof of your report from the publisher, the
American Institute of Physics.  You may proofread for publisher errors only.
Details are included in the instructions provided by AIP with the galleys.

Please feel free to call Judy if you have questions about style or preparation
of manuscripts, or Bob with questions regarding content.

Bob Hanisch,  tel. 410-338-4910, e-mail hanisch at stsci.edu
Judy Johnson, tel. 202-338-2010, e-mail johnson at aas.org
-- 
Robert J. Hanisch                       Tel. (410)338-4910   Fax. (410)338-5090
Space Telescope Science Institute       NSI: hanisch at stsci.edu [130.167.1.2]
3700 San Martin Drive                   DECNet: STSCIC::HANISCH [6549::] 
Baltimore, MD  21218  USA               Bitnet: hanisch at stsci