Subject: FITS header cards

From: ron at argus.lpl.Arizona.EDU (Ron Watkins)
Date: 19 Jan 1994 15:57:08 GMT

I was wondering if there is support for using CRVAL and CRDELT within
FITS tables? We have a data format that im looking into formatting into
a FITS table. Each record (of our data) contains various values and an
array. The values are of differing formats but the array is fixed at 126
single precision values representing counts at some wavelength. I had
wanted to use CRPIX, CRVAL, and CRDELT to specify the wavelengths for the
array but it doesn't apply to any of the other values in the table row other
than the array. Is there FITS support for doing this? I can only find
references for CRVAL and such in the primary HDU of the FITS files. I couldn't
find it for the FITS extensions. By the way, is there any documentation for
the extension 'IMAGE' or is it just too obvious to bother. It's rather
obvious to me unless im missing somthing subtle. Thanks for any help,
				Ron Watkins
--
Ron Watkins    [ron at argus.lpl.arizona.edu]    /            /~~~~)     /
931 Gould-Simpson                            /            /____/     /
University of Arizona                       /            /          /
Tucson AZ. 85721 -- (602) 621-8606         (____ unar & / lanetary (____ ab.