Subject: Explanation for Redundant Messages

From: dwells at nrao.edu (Don Wells)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 1994 22:18:18 GMT

To readers of exploder "fitsbits" and newsgroup "sci.astro.fits":

A number of messages which were previously posted to sci.astro.fits
were re-transmitted about 21h GMT, all with the From-line
"news at cv3.CV.NRAO.EDU" rather than with the addresses of the people
who originally posted them. In addition, probably a few of the
messages originated on the fitsbits list and have not previously
appeared in sci.astro.fits.

The gateway between fitsbits and sci.astro.fits has not been
operational for several days, because the NRAO-Charlottesville news
server was moved to a new machine. The messages which were not gated
were retrieved from the old server and were transmitted today by hand.

The gateway has been moved to the new news server, and is either
already operational again, or soon will be.
--

  Donald C. Wells         Associate Scientist         dwells at nrao.edu
                    http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/~dwells
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-804-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road,   Charlottesville, Virginia       22903-2475 USA