Subject: Re: FITS Browser/Extractor For MS-DOS

From: gwc at csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Greg F Walz Chojnacki)
Date: 18 Jan 1994 15:41:29 GMT

>From article <758899924snz at regulus.demon.co.uk>, by daves at regulus.demon.co.uk ("David M. Swain"):
Status: O
X-VM-v5-Data: ([nil t nil nil nil nil nil nil nil]
	["489" "mon" "" "" "19758899924" "" "" "article" "article" nil "12" "" nil nil nil "" nil nil (number " " mark "U    article                    12/489   " thread-indent "\"\"\n") nil]
	nil)
> Greetings
> 
> I am in the unfortunate position of having to run MS-DOS on my workstation
> but I need to be able to manipulate FITS files ( not always TABLES ). Does
> anyone know of a comprehensive ( or otherwise ) FITS file manipulation 
> package for MS-DOS. I already have, and use, the FITS Table Browser, but
> this only works for TABLES ( surprise, surprise ). 
> 

The only one I'm aware of is IMDISP, written by some guys at JPL and
Goddard. It must be available at several sites, but start at oak.okland.edu
inn the pub/msdos/astrnomy (note 1 o) directory.

If you learn of others, please post here.

Greg
-- 
Only about 1 out of 8 federal dollars of social spending serves to lift poor
families above the poverty line. Only about one out of four federal benefit
dollars even flows to a program that uses financial need as a criterion for
elegibility.