Subject: Patch to FITSview for MS-Windows

From: bcotton at gorilla.CV.NRAO.EDU (Bill Cotton)
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 94 07:59:44 EST

FITSview (0.3.1) for MS Windows
			   November 14, 1994

   This is to announce the availability of a corrected version of the
beta release of FITSview for MS Windows.  This release fixes a bug
which inhibited the use of a text file to mark positions on images.
Also, the distribution zip file is substantially smaller due to
prefiltering of the demonstration FITS images to improve their
compressibility. 
   This is a FITS image viewer for Windows which features manipulation
of the display (brightness, contrast, pseudo color), zoom and scroll,
blinking images for comparison, displaying 3-D images as a "movie",
and determining the celestial position and brightness of features in
the image.  Celestial positions are determined using world coordinate
projections (WCS).  All defined FITS data types are supported (8, 16,
32 bit integers and 32 and 64 bit IEEE), as are blanked pixels.  Two
and three dimensional simple FITS images are supported.

   FITSview runs on Windows 3.1 or later and uses any multicolor (or
multiple gray level) display although 256 color displays give the best
results.  Extensive online documentation is included. 

   FITSview for Windows is available at no cost via anonymous ftp as
the two files:

    ftp://fits.cv.nrao.edu/fits/os-support/ms-windows/fitsview/fitsv031.txt
    ftp://fits.cv.nrao.edu/fits/os-support/ms-windows/fitsview/fitsv031.zip

Installation is described in file fitsv031.txt.

Implementations under X-windows and MacIntosh are under consideration.

bcotton at nrao.edu