Subject: BINTABLE paper submitted to A&A Suppl. Series

From: dwells at nrao.edu (Don Wells)
Date: 06 Feb 1995 19:21:26 GMT

Dear Friends-of-FITS,

The BINTABLE paper, having already passed through innumerable reviews
and four formal votes, including the formal vote by the IAU FITS
Working Group in June 1994 which made it an official FITS standard,
was reviewed once more during the past month by the IAU FITS Working
Group. Barry Schlesinger suggested several minor changes, and these
were accepted by the authors. Finally, today, the package containing
the cover letter and the required three paper copies, plus the floppy
disk containing the machine-readable file, was mailed to the editor of
the A&A Supplement Series by Bill Cotton.  The submitted version of
the paper is at

ftp://fits.cv.nrao.edu/fits/documents/standards/bintable_aa.ps {.ps.gz,.tex}

If you have not seen the latest version of BINTABLE, the two-column
version typeset with the A&A macros, you should fetch a new copy of
the paper.

-Don Wells (Chair, IAU FITS Working Group)
--
  Donald C. Wells         Associate Scientist         dwells at nrao.edu
                    http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/~dwells
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-804-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road,   Charlottesville, Virginia       22903-2475 USA