Subject: combining FITS images ...

From: supernov at smart.net (Keith Wancowicz)
Date: 24 Feb 1995 21:26:25 -0500

Hi,
	I am not sure just how true my statements are since it has been a 
few years since I have last used this program but NASA produces a DOS based
program called IMDISP for viewing the images produced from NASA.  If I 
remember correctly the program reads in formats like FITS, PDL, GIF and 
one or two others.  The NASA folks on here could elaborate a bit further.
In either case with the version I have a few years back you were able to
combine multiple buffers.  I believe this is what you looking to accomplish.
Well good luck!
	Keith

---

From: A.G. Lovejoy <76504.3571 at CompuServe.COM>
Date: 28 Feb 1995 06:47:29 GMT

There is a very well written DOS based NASA image data viewer.  
It is indeed called IMDISP and is available from Compuserve in 
one of it's Space related forums.  I don't recall exactly which 
one, but I downloaded it recently.  It shouldn't be hard to find.

It allows for some very good buffer-based filters and processors, 
also exports to GIF!

AGL

-- 
:A:G:L: