Subject: WCSLIB 1.0

From: mcalabre at atnf.csiro.au (Mark Calabretta, ATNF)
Date: 2 Feb 1995 22:39:19 GMT

(repost)

It is my pleasure to announce the general release of WCSLIB 1.0 - a suite
of routines which implements the spherical projections proposed for the
"World Coordinate System" (WCS) convention in FITS.

The WCSLIB distribution kit contains independent C and FORTRAN
implementations of the library.  It is available via anonymous ftp from

   ftp.atnf.csiro.au:/pub/software/wcslib/wcslib-1.0.tar.gz

and also

   fits.cv.nrao.edu:/fits/src/wcs/wcslib-1.0.tar.gz

The WCS proposal is described in "Representations of Celestial Coordinates
in FITS" (draft), by Eric Greisen and Mark Calabretta.  This document is
available via anonymous ftp from

   fits.cv.nrao.edu:/fits/documents/wcs/

---
Dr. Mark Calabretta
Australia Telescope National Facility
mcalabre at atnf.csiro.au