Subject: Re: FITS for OS/2: Newest viewer, Is there a FIT

From: beaucham at act.ulaval.ca (Dominique Beauchamp)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 1995 13:39:29 GMT

Guten Tag!

In article 0 at nyx.uni-konstanz.de, phfrom at nyx.uni-konstanz.de (Hartmut Frommert) writes:
> I know that there's a fits viewer, VIEWFITS, for OS/2. What I'd like to know 
> is:
>    1. Which is the newest version of VIEWFITS, and where to get ?
>    2. Is there a FITS images processor/converter software for OS/2 ?
> Please answer also by e-mail. Thanks in advance.

I am the author of ViewFITS for OS/2. I "think" the latest version is 0.4 (last
spring) and I have not worked on since that time. I sent the code to a German
(Herr Christophe Veber, cveber at physik.uni-osnabrueck.de) who should be now
working on the program. So, if you want to know more, you should contact him.

I hope for you OS/2 is more popular in Germany than it is in Quebec... Using
Windows 3.1 is a pain ... 

Sincerly yours,

	Dominique Beauchamp

---
----------------------------------
Dominique Beauchamp

  InterNet: beaucham at phy.ulaval.ca
            beaucham at astro.phy.ulaval.ca

Etudiant/Student PhD, astrophysique/astrophysics
U. Laval,
Quebec (City)

Editeur et redacteur en chef du trimestriel ``CCD Quebec''
destine aux astronomes amateurs.

Pour plus d'information, faites: finger beaucham at astro.phy.ulaval.ca
			     ou: finger beaucham at 132.203.64.1