Subject: FITS Browser test page

From: Xinjian Lu <xlu at solitaire.cv.nrao.edu>
Date: 13 Dec 1995 15:14:42 GMT

Hi,there

The NCSA HDF group has set up a FITS Browser test page at:

             http://hdf.ncsa.uiuc.edu:4321/fits

This FITS Browser will let you:

        .Retrieve Images from a FITS file

        .View a 2-d image

        .View a group of planes from a 3-d image

        .Convert a FITS file to an HDF file so that you can use our
         HDF Browser to see the FITS data.

        .Get summary information from the FITS header or the full FITS
         header.

        .Read data from a FITS TABLE or binTABLE.  The FITS Browser
         creates a nice HTML table

        .And more.

This FITS browser is a prototype.  Any coments or suggestions for
additional features would be appreciated.

Thanks.
-xinjian