Subject: FTOOLS 3.5 now publicly available

From: William Pence <pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 17:07:22 -0500

FTOOLS  VERSION 3.5  DISTRIBUTION

A new release of the FTOOLS software package is now publicly
available.  FTOOLS is a package of approximately 200 data analysis
programs and Perl scripts that operate on FITS format data files.  Some
of these tasks are very general and may be used on any FITS format
file.  Other tasks are designed to perform specific data reduction or
analysis procedures on data files from the ROSAT, ASCA, XTE, CGRO and
other astrophysics X-ray and Gamma-ray satellites.  The software can be
built as a set of stand-alone programs or as a package under IRAF.
This software is freely available from the High Energy Astrophysics
Science Archive Research Center (HEASARC) as described below:

How:    (1) With a WWW browser:
           
          http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/ftools/ftools_release.html

        (2) Anonymous FTP from legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov in directory:

            software/ftools/release/FTools_3.5 

What:   ******* FTOOLS Source and Data Files *******

        ftools.v3.5.tar.gz    -  Source Code Distribution for all platforms
        ascadata.v3.5.tar.gz  -  Minimal subset of ASCA Calibration Database
 
        *** Compressed Postscript Documentation ***
        ***(in software/ftools/release/doc directory)***

        develop.v3.5.ps.gz    -  Developer's Guide
        install.v3.5.ps.gz    -  Installation Guide
        users.v3.5.ps.gz      -  User's Guide
        Xselect_1.3.ps.gz     -  Xselect Users Guide
 
        *** HTML Documentation ***

        at http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/software/ftools/ftools_menu.html
 
Supported Platforms: (See Installation Guide for details)

        unix         ALPHA/OSF, DEC/ULTRIX, SUN/SunOS (incl. Solaris)
                     SGI/IRIX
        vms          ALPHA/VMS, VAX/VMS