Subject: HEAFITS mail exploder

From: William Pence <pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 14:50:12 -0400

HEAFITS - the High Energy Astrophysics FITS Mail Exploder
---------------------------------------------------------

This is a reminder to the FITS community that an electronic mail
server, called "heafits", is available to exchange information related
to FITS data formats used within the high energy astrophysics
community.  The heafits mail exploder was established and widely used
in 1993-94 but has not had much recent use.  There is no strict charter
for what topics may be discussed within the HEAFITS group, but in
general, its purpose is to promote the development of standards for
FITS files containing data related to high energy astrophysics.  Topics
of particular interest are:

   - proposed formats for data from new high energy astrophysical missions

   - proposals for new FITS keyword conventions or FITS table
     structures for different clases of high energy data files

   - question on what FITS keywords or table format should be used to
     store particular high energy data sets

Anyone wishing to join this mail list may do so by sending a message to
listserv at legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov in which the body of the mail message
contains one line with the following text:

subscribe heafits Your Name

where 'Your Name' is obviously your own first and last name. 

Any communications to the heafits group should then be addressed to:
heafits at legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Pence
HEASARC/GSFC/NASA
(301)286-4599