Subject: CFITSIO - full ANSI C version now available

From: William Pence <pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 15:34:21 -0400

Full Release of CFITSIO is Now Available
            ----------------------------------------

The full release of the CFITSIO software library, written in ANSI C, is
now available for general use.  The routines in this CFITSIO library
provide a portable interface for reading and writing any type of FITS
format data file.  These C routines are closely modelled after the
Fortran subroutines in the original FITSIO library and provide all the
same functionality.

Any users of the previous beta releases of CFITSIO should upgrade to
the current full release.

Both the new CFITSIO (ANSI C) and the older FITSIO (Fortran-77)
software may be obtained on the WWW from:

http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/fitsio

Alternatively, this software may be obtained via anonymous ftp at:
legacy.gsfc.nasa.gov in the software/fitsio/c/ or
software/fitsio/fortran/ directories.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
William Pence
High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center
NASA/GSFC
e-mail: pence at tetra.gsfc.nasa.gov
phone: (301)286-4599