Subject: WCSLIB 2.4

From: Mark Calabretta <mcalabre at atnf.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 14:23:03 +1000

WCSLIB 2.4 is now available.  This version was produced mainly in order to
bundle in Ray Plante's Java implementation announced earlier on this exploder.
However, there were a couple of bug fixes as listed below.

       Australia:     ftp://ftp.atnf.csiro.au/pub/software/wcslib/
       USA (mirror):  http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/src/wcs/

Mark Calabretta
ATNF

>>>>> C library >>>>>

WCSLIB version 2.4
------------------

* In sinrev(), cscrev(), qscrev(), and tscrev(), return error 2 if (x,y) do
  not lie within the perimeter of the projection.  In sinrev(), stop the
  computation of phi for the "synthesis" projection being applied to the pure
  "orthographic" case.  Reported by David Berry (dsb at ast.man.ac.uk).

* (Internal change) Renamed variables l <-> m in the quadcube projections to
  accord with standard usage (and revised WCS draft paper).

>>>>> FORTRAN library >>>>>

WCSLIB version 2.4
------------------
 
* In SINREV, CSCREV, QSCREV, and TSCREV, return error 2 if (X,Y) do not lie
  within the perimeter of the projection.  In SINREV, stop the computation of
  PHI for the "synthesis" projection being applied to the pure "orthographic"
  case.  Reported by David Berry (dsb at ast.man.ac.uk).
 
* (Internal change) Renamed variables L <-> M in the quadcube projections to
  accord with standard usage (and revised WCS draft paper).

* (Internal change) Stopped PRJ(11) doing double service in any projection.
  It is now set and tested for a specific magic value rather than simply being
  non-zero.