Subject: FITS BoF at upcoming ADASS

From: Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 12:45:16 -0400

Another FITS BoF (Birds of Feathers) will be organized  during the
annual (6th) ADASS in Charlottesville, VA (Sept 23-25). We welcome your
suggestions for the agenda, particularly from those who are not able to
attend.

A very tentative agende is as follows:

   * report of the NOST/FITS Support Office

   * report of the recent NOST panel meeting 

   * report on the recent year-2000 poll

   * polling the FITS user community about some possible changes to 
     or establish common FITS practices which should be cast in stone
     in the NOST paper

   * overview of the sci.astro.fits traffic 

   * discuss proposed MIME codes for FITS files    

   * new and/or changed software available to process FITS files

   * WCS: a new version is out!

   * open discussion

Don Wells and Peter Teuben.
dwells at nrao.edu  teuben at astro.umd.edu