Subject: Problem with sci.astro.fits===>fitsbits gateway

From: Don Wells <dwells at nrao.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 14:08:50 -0500 (EST)

Dear fitsbits subscribers,

At least five messages posted to sci.astro.fits during the past eight days
have been delayed in reaching the News server at NRAO-Charlottesville,
where the gateway to the fitsbits Email exploder operates. We are unsure
where or why this traffic was delayed/lost (it may have occurred upstream
from us).  We have established a redundant News feed for sci.astro.fits in
response to this problem, and may activate an additional feed to minimize
the possibility that such loss will occur again.  Two of the five messages
were delivered to the NRAO-CV news server after the redundant feed was
activated. I will post the other three messages, copies of which Bill
Pence has forwarded to me from the news server at GSFC.  These three
messages will appear for a second time in sci.astro.fits, of course.

Regards,
Don Wells
-- 
  Donald C. Wells         Associate Scientist         dwells at nrao.edu
                    http://fits.cv.nrao.edu/~dwells
  National Radio Astronomy Observatory                +1-804-296-0277
  520 Edgemont Road,   Charlottesville, Virginia       22903-2475 USA