Subject: Visualisation thresholds KEYWORD in FITS ?

From: Alain MAURY <maury at ocar01.obs-azur.fr>
Date: 3 Dec 1996 18:03:11 GMT

We had a short discussion last week on the french speaking forum AUDE (
Association des Utilisateurs de Detecteurs Electroniques ), on why there was no
keywords implemented in FITS that a display program could use to automatically
recall the last visualisation thresholds used ( i.e. the "cuts" in Midas ).
What would be the way to officially propose something like
VISUHI and VISULO or whatever in the same order ? ( DISP_HI and DISP_LO )
Alain

---

From: Lucio Chiappetti <lucio at ifctr.mi.cnr.it>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 1996 09:05:28 +0100

> recall the last visualisation thresholds used ( i.e. the "cuts" in Midas ).

  ...obviously because such a thing does not belong to the "archiving and
  *T*ransport" level for what FI*T*S is best suited.

> VISUHI and VISULO or whatever in the same order ? ( DISP_HI and DISP_LO )

  ...nothing forbids to have "private" conventions about this, exactly
  like MIDAS does.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
       A member of  G.ASS : Group for Astronomical Software Support         
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucio Chiappetti - IFCTR/CNR     | Ma te' vugl' da' quost avis a ti' Orsign 
via Bassini 15 - I-20133 Milano  | Buttet rabios intant te se' pisnign      
Internet: LUCIO at IFCTR.MI.CNR.IT  |             (Rabisch, II 46, 119-120)    
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more info : http://www.ifctr.mi.cnr.it/~lucio/personal.html             
----------------------------------------------------------------------------