Subject: WCSTools version 1.3 released

From: Doug Mink <dmink at cfa.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:59:45 -0500

The latest version of the WCSTools package, a set of programs for
setting and using world coordinate system information in FITS and
IRAF .imh images, is now available for anonymous ftp from

ftp://cfa-ftp.harvard.edu/pub/gsc/WCSTools/wcstools-1.3.tar.gz

It includes standablone C programs for automatically setting the
world coordinate system of an astronomical image using a reference
star catalog such as the GSC or USNO A-1.0 or one which one of the
other programs can make from the Digitized Sky Survey.  There are
other programs for manipulating FITS and IRAF headers and using the
WCS information in an image header to translate image coordinates to
sky coordinates and vice versa.  The WCS subroutines are the same ones
used in the image display programs SAOimage, SAOtng, and Skycat.
Documentation is online at

http://tdc-www.harvard.edu/software/wcstools

-Doug Mink
 Telescope Data Center
 Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
 Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA